Company: Rumpke Waste & Recycling
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Route Auditors are responsible for auditing commercial and
residential routes by reviewing--routes to ensure efficiency and
accurate billing. This position will also look for opportunities
for increased services and potential safety hazards. The Route
Auditor will recommend improvements in route scheduling, service
changes, or other changes to ensure safety, efficiency and
profitability. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Review designated routes to gather data, including but not
limited to travel times, disposal volumes, service and collection
times, and accuracy of route sheets to reduce costs, improve
revenue, and reduce safety hazards.
- Sequence routes to ensure efficiencies.
- Utilize computerized program to identify overlapping routes and
recommend improvements to operating efficiency.
- Ensure accurate customer billing by verifying service provided,
equipment serviced, and frequency of service.
- Identify opportunities for increased service needs and/or
potential new business in the area.
- Complete route analysis of route logistics, landfill locations,
and municipal routes.
- Identify safety hazards associated with the routes and
- Maintain route files with appropriate maps.
- Recommends container repairs and replacements, as
- Prepare detailed reports of route audit findings; review all
audit data and recommended improvements with General Manager and
- Provide feedback to Route Managers and Operations Managers for
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local,
state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Maintain a professional work atmosphere by performing and
communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with
drivers, operations team, customers, clients, co-workers, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to
communicate effectively and professionally with internal and
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and
follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel
independently to locations within the market area.
- Experience working with SAP and/or Route Smart, a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications,
including MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read a map or ability to utilizing map
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the
customer and the company.---
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, prioritize
work, and resolve problems.
- Ability to identify issues, make decisions, and recommend
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime,
weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s)
specific to work location, department or line of business. Minimum
- Must have High School Diploma or GED, Advanced Degree a
- Must have valid driver's license and have good driving record
to meet Rumpke driving qualifications
- Must have satisfactorily pre-employment drug test and
background check results
- Previous experience operating a commercial motor vehicle, a
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough
to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions,
traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Office environment, driving vehicle, and route/truck
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed working on
computer and other office functions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of
the vehicle. This job description is intended to describe the
general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by
employees assigned to this--position and--is not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be
assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for
employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the
company.--- Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in
all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal
opportunities to all employees and potential employees without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or
disability status. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Rumpke Waste & Recycling, Bloomington , Route Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!