Accounting and Financial Support Specialist (Financial AdministrationCoordinator)
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: November 19, 2021
KELLEY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (BL-BUS-IUBLA)
The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University is a
comprehensive provider of top-tier business education with a full
portfolio of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive
programs on campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis, and online
worldwide. The Kelley School of Business has been creating career
momentum for 100 years, going from 70 students in 1920 to an
enrollment of more than 12,000 students today. Our innovative
curriculum is built on personal development, teamwork, and
experiential learning with an emphasis on global and social
responsibility. Our success is reflected in our reputation among
academic peers, our career placement statistics, and the
accomplishments of more than 117,000 living alumni around the
- Performs financial and administrative support of the
university's daily business operations.
- Provides financial support to academic departments, centers,
institutes and the Dean's Office.
- Serves as a primary delegate to process, review, and approve
financial documents, including IU and IU Foundation payments,
reimbursements, and travel.
- Audits receipts, invoices, and calculates costs verifying
available funding in accounts.
- Responsible for providing budgetary assistance including
financial forecasting to department heads, monitoring budgets
across multiple accounts, and providing analyzed data and resolving
reimbursement inquires, accounting, and budget issues.
- Provides analyzed data to the Dean's Office, and department
heads for budget preparation and year-end closing. General
- With minimal supervision, performs financial and administrative
tasks related to processing financial or other administrative
- Takes on more complex assignments and provides guidance to
lower-level Financial Administration Coordinators.
- Maintains records of financial transactions, compiles data, and
prepares reports. May oversee the processing of documents into the
university's central information systems (Travel, KFS, HRMS,
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies that require more
advanced knowledge and experience; following policies and
procedures, recommends audits.
- Assists in designing, documenting, and implementing
- Processes payroll and verifies accuracy of payroll information.
Verifies accuracy of adjustments to payroll including supplements
- Monitors financial accounts and ensures timely payments are
made to payees.
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial and/or personnel
policies and procedures; takes the lead on the most complex cases
within their scope of work.
- Serves as liaison to department and/or other university
- High school diploma or GED. Preferred
- Associate's degree. WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4 years of relevant experience. SKILLS
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- General knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn basic
functionality of IU systems (KFS, HRMS, SIS).
- Experience in managing and documenting workflows, processes,
and/or data entry.
- Basic understanding of technology.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone, fax,
- Proficiency in computer systems, including standard Office
- Basic accounting and financial skills; ability to reconcile
- Prior demonstrated ability to apply concepts and policies to
daily work functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly present material and make it accessible to a
specific audience. Preferred
- Knowledge of computer programming/data querying
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse
- Ability to quickly analyze complex data sets and
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to
operate a computer and other standard office productivity
equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods
of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The
person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions
with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Finance
Job Family: Financial Administration
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the
working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings
(e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If
you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or
concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the
advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at
the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a
minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please
submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your
resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana
University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the
opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our
COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.
Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its
educational programs and activities, including employment and
admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints
regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX
Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination
here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy
statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University
campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy
by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Accounting and Financial Support Specialist (Financial AdministrationCoordinator), Accounting, Auditing , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!