Company: New Hope Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Reporting to the SVP/CFO, the Controller will be responsible for
oversight of all accounting and reporting activities with NHS &
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE CONTROLLER INCLUDE:
- The Controller will lead day-to-day finance operations of the
organization, including functional responsibility over accounting,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants
administration. The Controller will ensure that NHDS/NHS has the
systems and procedures in place to support effective program
implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will
work closely with management and their staff, not only to educate
regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how
the finance function can support program operations.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of
revenue, costs, and program budget actual expenditures.
- The Controller will be involved in and support audit
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial
reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in annual budgeting and planning process.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board's audit and finance
committees around issues and in financial operating models and
- Manage organization cash flow forecasting by working in
partnership with the Executive Team.
- Oversee the activities of the Corporate Accounting Department
for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management
reports including, but not limited to, internal and external
monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the
integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the
- Assure 990 tax returns are completed and filed in a timely
fashion and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Supervise the Account Payable Clerk, Financial Services Clerk,
and Payroll Clerk.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a
variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in
a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work
procedures, and instructions.
- Reconcile the Notes Payables for both corporations.
- Reconcile the balances between the two corporations.
- Review the reconciliations of the Due to/From accounts for tax
credit deals prepared by Accounts Receivable Housing
- Take over the duties of the NHDS billing and compliance person
when they are out.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/6-month cash flow projections.
- Reconcile monthly cash accounts for both NHS and NHDS.
- Prepare the financial information for review by the CFO for the
Finance and Board Meeting.
- Prepare the NHDS financial reports for my review and
- Reconcile the property accounts for both NHS and NHDS back to
the Management Companies financials.
- Review monthly and prepare comments regarding the financials of
each apartment complex.
- Prepare for review Journal entries to reconcile accounts. Once
reviewed and approved then post.
- Prepare entries for review by the CFO, once approved post to
- Enter monthly recurring entries for NHDS.
- Field questions from staff and managers regarding
- Supply info for the annual 990 of NHS and NHDS.
- Perform final approvals of weekly check runs.
- Attend housing trainings as needed to become familiar with our
- Cross train on Property Tax preparation.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER:
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable,
payroll and banking working knowledge.
- Very computer literate - spreadsheet proficient (hardware and
- Contractual negotiation a plus.
- Experience with Home Funds and Tax Credits preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills necessary to
effectively and efficiently manage the day to day operations of the
Fiscal Department, under the direction of the CFO.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and other Data Base
- Latest computer technology - Nav 2013, INTACT and Vertex
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting or internal
accounting department required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
Based in Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope Services has a rich
history of meeting human services needs for the past 60 years. It
is one of the largest and most successful nonprofit organizations
in the region, with services in 20 counties across Indiana. New
Hope's focus is in three primary divisions: Adult Services, Family
Services, and Housing & Community Development. Our incredible
clients include families, seniors, and adults with developmental
disabilities. Con sede en Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope
Services tiene una rica historia de satisfacer las necesidades de
servicios humanos en los --ltimos 59 a--os. Es una de las
organizaciones sin fines de lucro m--s grandes y exitosas de la
regi--n, con servicios en 20 condados en todo Indiana. El enfoque
de New Hope est-- en tres divisiones principales: Servicios para
adultos, Servicios para familias y Desarrollo de vivienda y
comunidad. Nuestros incre--bles clientes incluyen familias,
personas mayores y adultos con discapacidades del desarrollo.
- Medical - company pays 80% of premium
- LTD - company paid
- Life Insurance - company paid
- Employee Assistance Program - company paid
- Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k - annual company match (% varies)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Paid
*Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: New Hope Services, Inc., Bloomington , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!