Financial Administration Specialist
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: November 25, 2022
DepartmentFINANCE SHARED SERVICES (UA-FNSS-IUBLA)Job
- Administers and supports the organization's financial and
- Performs general financial and administrative duties to ensure
compliance with university policies and procedures as well as
applicable federal and state regulations.
- Conducts organizational business activities, including finance
human resources, and/or other general business operations.
- May set or assist with departmental policies.
- Manages all internal rate setting for UITS, creating and
monitoring business plans for external auxiliary units, and
ensuring internal and external billings align with set
- Using knowledge and application of accepted procedures and
standards, performs detailed financial and administrative tasks
related to managing the daily and long-term financial and/or
administrative operations of an organizational unit or an academic,
research, and teaching department within a school or college.
- Makes recommendations on policies and guidelines for
- Controls all expenditures and statement of accounts to ensure
regulatory compliance and fiscal integrity.
- Manages general appropriation, endowment, federal and
non-federal grants and contracts, and gift funds.
- Develops, plans, and makes recommendations on special projects,
which may include space allocations, staffing, equipment purchases,
and long-range plans.
- Prepares operating and project budget drafts. Regularly
explains financial concepts to non-financial employees.
- Monitors division/departmental budgets and resolves or
recommends resolutions for any significant deviations from approved
- May conduct a variety of human resources activities including
employment, labor relations, benefits, training, and classification
- May provide guidance to lower-level employees.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related fieldWORK
- 2 years of relevant experienceCombinations of related education
and experience may be considered SKILLSRequired
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Intermediate understanding of technology; experience using
electronic platforms to perform various tasks.
- Demonstrates experience solving problems with independent
- Proficiency in computer systems, including standard Office
software; advanced Excel and database skills, including familiarity
with complex formulas and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone, fax,
- Experience managing workflows, processes, and/or data
- Intermediate accounting skills; ability to spot obvious errors;
ability to develop a budget.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply concepts and
policies to daily work functions.
- Ability to clearly present material and make it accessible to a
variety of audiences.
- Ability to interpret financial documents from an accounting,
policy, and practice perspective. Working Conditions / DemandsThis
role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate
a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The
position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving
around an office environment and the campus. The person in this
role must be able to perform the essential functions with or
without an accommodation.Work LocationBloomington, Indiana.The
successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work a
hybrid schedule from home and the office, subject to change based
on university policy and the department's business needs.Advertised
Salary$53,000 - $56,000 depending upon qualificationsBenefits
OverviewFor full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a
wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Learn more about our benefits
by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job ClassificationCareer
Level: CareerFLSA: ExemptJob Function: FinanceJob Family: Financial
AdministrationClick here to learn more about Indiana University's
Job Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, there
may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our
standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus
to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please
discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions
at that time. This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on
the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time
at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a
minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please
submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted
Date.If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with
your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be
provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19
vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an
exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information
page.Equal Employment OpportunityIndiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA
services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University
prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability
status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not
discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and
activities, including employment and admission, as required by
Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be
referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil
Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana
University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes
contact information.Campus Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security
and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and
fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available
online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public
Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Financial Administration Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!