Scheduling Officer / Administrative Assistant (Student Services Coordinator)
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DepartmentGENDER STUDIES (BL-GNDR-IUBLA)Department
InformationThe Department of Gender Studies at Indiana University
examines the social understanding of gender issues as they relate
to various dimensions of life, including sexuality, race and class,
business and politics, artistic movements, law, the media, and
more. Students with a degree in Gender Studies are equipped with an
understanding of today's diverse and multicultural world, an open
mind about the challenges of gender difference, and the
foundational skills that employers seek the most. The College
values diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core strength and
essential element in the success of its educational mission. For
the full diversity statement, click here. More information about
the Department of Gender Studies at Indiana University may be found
here. Job Summary
- Assists with administrative needs related to the daily
operations, planning, and implementation of various or multiple
student services initiatives. Performs duties such as attending a
front desk, answering phones and email, and delivering messages and
- Serves as a liaison to campus partners for cross-departmental
student services initiatives, providing information, securing space
reservations, scheduling planning meetings, and providing necessary
- Provides assistance to student participants, stakeholders,
faculty, and/or staff; acts as a resource by analyzing information,
providing documentation, and preparing reports. Accurately
maintains electronic records and databases.
- Provides directions, support, and information to student
organization representatives and other visitors to the
- Assists with daily scheduling, training, and gathering of
student feedback. May prepare and disseminate handouts,
presentations, or other materials.
- May assist with ordering or creation of promotional materials
for student organizations or departmental needs.
- May provide guidance to other Student Services Coordinators.
Department-specific responsibilities: Scheduling Officer:
- Collaborates with the department leadership team, creating and
maintaining the department course offerings schedule for
undergraduate and graduate courses.
- By using the Registrar's online system, enters new and existing
courses (meeting times/locations, instructors, titles, CASE
- In collaboration with the leadership team, monitors the
enrollment activity and implements any changes necessary.
- Helps to promote courses through communications with other IU
departments and academic advisors.
- Communicates with Registrar's Office as needed. Web Support
Specialist/Marketing and Outreach:
- Maintains and updates existing web pages, including checking
and maintaining links and monitoring the website for consistency
and compliance with university standards for content and
- Maintains the departmental directory. Coordinates with faculty
and staff to make decisions about what content is published on the
website, and makes appropriate changes.
- Drafts content through student or alumni interviews as
- Responds in a timely manner to make day-to-day web changes
requested by the faculty, graduate students, and staff.
- Manages all media communications (website, Twitter, Facebook).
Writes and edits department newsletter to increase the department's
- Designs promotional materials for special events and
- Provides assistance to department administrators and
instructors. Office Coordinator:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including opening the
mail, preparing shipping, answering the department telephone,
copying, scanning, filing, and maintaining department
- Greets and provides assistance and/or makes referrals to
- Answers department telephone and email.
- Performs a variety of secretarial and supportive duties to the
Department Chair, Executive Office Administrator, and to the
department as a whole.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies.
Payroll and Travel Processing:
- Serves as departmental payroll processor.
- Prepares faculty travel documents including authorizations
and/or reimbursement requests. Assistant Events Coordinator:
- Assists with events coordination and execution for the
department as needed, including marketing of events and student
- High school diploma or GED.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree.WORK EXPERIENCERequired
- 2 years of experience in an office environment, higher
education, or a related field.SKILLSRequired
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds and
demonstrated cultural competency.Preferred
- Experience with basic web page design and Microsoft Publisher
or other web design software.
- Working knowledge of graphic design programs including Adobe
Photoshop and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of IU systems, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with basic HTML desired.Working Conditions /
DemandsThis role requires the ability to effectively communicate
and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity
equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods
of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The
person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions
with or without an accommodation.Work LocationBloomington,
IndianaAdvertised Salary$15.00 - $15.48 per hour.Job
ClassificationCareer Level: IntermediateFLSA: NonexemptJob
Function: Student ServicesJob Family: Student Services
GeneralistClick here to learn more about Indiana University's Job
Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may
be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our
standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus
to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please
discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions
at that time. This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on
the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time
at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a
minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please
submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted
Date.If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with
your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be
provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19
vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an
exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information
page.Equal Employment OpportunityIndiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA
services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at or by
visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Scheduling Officer / Administrative Assistant (Student Services Coordinator), Administration, Clerical , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!