Admissions Office Coordinator (Admissions Assistant)
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: March 13, 2023
DepartmentMAURER SCHOOL OF LAW (BL-LAWS-IUBLA)Department
InformationFounded in 1842, the Indiana University Maurer School of
Law is the oldest public law school in the Midwest. Located on
Indiana University's flagship Bloomington campus, the Law School is
unmatched for the beauty of its surroundings, providing students an
exceptional legal education. It is the highest-ranked public law
school in Indiana and in the top 20 among public law schools
nationally. Preeminent faculty, dedicated and talented staff, and
engaged alumni make up the law school's caring and inclusive
community. The Law School is committed to hiring and developing
staff, with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, who want to
work in a high performing and collegial environment that supports
the outstanding work of our students and colleagues. Job
- Coordinates and executes administrative activities within the
Admissions Office of the Maurer School of Law. Develops,
coordinates, and executes law school events, as well as travel
itineraries and presentation materials for Admissions Office staff
as well as visitors. Updates information in the law school
admissions database and serves on the office's front line greeting
visitors and answering phone calls and emails.
- Serves as initial contact and representative of the Maurer
School of Law Admission Office. Counsels prospective students with
basic information on admission requirements. Responds to requests
for information and sends appropriate materials/responses to
inquiries and contacts.
- Assists the Director of Admissions Operations with the
processing of applications submitted to the Maurer School of
- Schedules and oversees all prospect visits.
- Consults with admissions staff to develop travel planning and
- Plans and schedules travel accommodations for staff and law
students representing the Maurer School of Law.
- Plans, organizes and supervises staff in the shipping of
- Creates documentation for travel in the IU Travel Management
System. Collects, organizes and submits all travel related
documents and reimbursements for Assistant Dean of Admissions and
- Collects, organizes, encodes, and enters information into
- Enters new contacts into admissions database. Reviews and
grants requests for application fee waivers, uploads application
information and materials into applicants' files. Sends receipt of
materials confirmations to applicants.
- Assist the admissions staff in coordinating the logistics and
planning for major Maurer School of Law admission events, such as
information sessions and admitted student events.
- Coordinates the workflow of the Maurer School of Law admission
office updates, revisions, and development of printed admitted
student yield and matriculation information materials.
- Serves as a backup for law school admissions staff by attending
law school recruitments events when the need arises. General
- Oversees the processing and evaluation of all applications for
admissions into that school and accompanying material, such as
transcripts, to determine eligibility.
- Maintains records and databases of applications; updates and
purges as necessary; gathers and collates information from records
and prepares reports.
- Reviews applications for completeness, contacts applicants for
any missing information or to resolve discrepancies, and obtains
any necessary information from other sources.
- Schedules and oversees any applicant interviews.
- Makes recommendations regarding admissions and financial aid
decisions; contacts applicant regarding the decision on the
- Responds to phone and email inquiries on admissions process and
status of applications; may assist in the design of recruiting
events and materials.
- Counsels potential students regarding courses and grades
required for admission.
- May supervise temporary staff in the admissions office;
monitors and evaluates job performance.
- Maintains files and databases on students admitted into the
school; generates reports based on this information.
- High school diploma or GED Preferred
- Bachelor's degreeWORK EXPERIENCERequired
- 2 years office or related experienceCombinations of related
education and experience may be considered. SKILLSRequired
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Experience with Chrome River, Microsoft 365, and familiarity
with IU/Bloomington--------------Working Conditions / DemandsThis
role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate
a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The
position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving
around an office environment and the campus. The person in this
role must be able to perform the essential functions with or
without an accommodation.Work LocationBloomington,
IndianaAdvertised SalaryStarting salary for position is $16.50 per
hour or $34,320.00 annually.Benefits OverviewFor full-time staff
employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Learn more about our benefits
by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job ClassificationCareer
Level: IntermediateFLSA: NonexemptJob Function: Student ServicesJob
Family: Admissions & RecruitmentClick here to learn more about
Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the
COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working
conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the
ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are
invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns
regarding the working conditions at that time. This posting is
scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date.
This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the
University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days.
To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application
within 5 business days of the Posted Date.If you wish to include a
cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading
attachments.New employees will be provided with information
regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which
includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more,
view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment
OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits
discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com
or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Admissions Office Coordinator (Admissions Assistant), Administration, Clerical , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...