Electrical Engineer III
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and
development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products
and deliver critical services for our clients-whether they are a
multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply. We are currently seeking an
Electrical Engineer III. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
JOB SUMMARY The Junior Electrical Engineer will support various
government, commercial, and internal research and development
programs at Battelle. This support will likely include design,
development, test, and production of complex electronics and
electromechanical systems. The ability to troubleshoot and debug
existing systems is also required. The person filling this position
will be expected to function as part of a technical team which may
be composed of engineers, technicians, and support staff. Performs
assignments of moderate complexity by compiling and evaluating
design and test data, preparing technical specifications, analyzing
technical data to determine appropriate limits and variables for
product, process or materials specifications.
- Interprets, compiles and analyzes data collected and writes
various technical reports.
- Completes assigned project work within schedule and budget
- Assists with proposal efforts as needed.
- Builds relationships with internal clients.
- Contributes to IR&D studies.
- Supports business development efforts led by others.
- Designing, fabricating, and integrating electronic systems as
part of an integrated technical team
- Testing and troubleshooting electronic systems
- Reverse engineering electronic systems
- Generating and debugging firmware code for microprocessors used
in embedded systems
- Generating and interpreting electrical schematics
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Ability to interface with clients both in defining system
requirements and fielding equipment
- Ability to generate appropriate documentation including
technical manuals and procedures
- Some travel and field work may be required
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 6 years of experience
or master's degree and 4 years of experience or PhD and 1 year of
experience in related field
- Sole US citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD TS
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on technical
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Problem solving ability and commitment to quality results under
- Solid grasp of basic electrical engineering concepts and
ability to learn
- Experience with standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes,
function generators, etc.
- Experience with computer languages/programs such as C, Matlab,
Word, Excel, etc.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Additional work experience in the electrical engineering
- Familiarity with electrical engineering design tools and
- Experience generating and interpreting engineering
- Experience working in a lab environment, including preparing,
conducting, and documenting tests, soldering, and wiring
- Signal processing experience, both software and hardware
- Experience with programming in additional languages
- TS/SCI with poly
LEGAL DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members.
No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit
Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's
Legal Department. BENEFITS Battelle's competitive benefits program
includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid
time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and
other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and
your family. Battelle provides employment and opportunities for
advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable Federal, state, or local law.--Our goal is for
each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of
their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational
objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment
of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all
levels within Battelle.
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Bloomington , Electrical Engineer III, Engineering , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!