Firmware Engineer Supervisor
Company: Acuren Group Inc
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Toyota Material Handling is looking for a motivated person to
supervise, design, and implement firmware and battery management
systems for existing and new energy storage and material handling
products. The candidate will be a strong technically-oriented
individual with good communication, a strong ability to work on a
team, and a genuine interest in hands-on engineering. The engineer
that would fit best in this position is hard working, detailed
orientated, humble, honest, open-minded to opinions, and driven to
succeed. A successful engineer in this role would always put the
customer's needs first, and would be engaged in the work she or he
completes. This engineer takes responsibility for mistakes and
shares successes with the team, and strives endlessly for
improvement. Lastly, the ideal candidate is dynamic and adaptable
and is open to taking on new challenges every day. Our New Product
Development Group is committed to helping our customers be
successful, whether it be by developing efficient, safe and
state-of-the-art material handling equipment or by creating next
generation fleet management systems. The New Product Development
department is a fast-paced department that is growing quickly, but
is still committed to upholding Toyota's Core Values, putting the
customer first, and always striving to continuously improve.
- Study product requirements and create functional requirements
for battery communication architecture and data
- Ability to quickly digest and understand firmware code,
protocols, and hardware designs originated by others and create,
plan, and execute changes needed to integrate and validate .
- Review and specify battery management firmware solutions to
integrate forklift, battery and charger.
- Work with cross functional group of mechanical, system, and
test engineers to develop and validate battery systems for material
- Work with suppliers to specify, plan, review, and implement
- Conduct feasibility studies for requested features before
confirming functional requirements.
- Maintain detailed schedules that support overall product
schedules and properly communicate status to management.
- Create and update technical documentation, test plans, and test
- Support prototype builds, troubleshooting prototypes, and other
- Analyze test results and provide conclusive reports.
- Work on a highly engaged team to complete challenging projects
with high quality while maintaining schedules.
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science, or related field of study.
- 2-5 years firmware design experience required.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of BMS system functionality and
key metrics of battery systems.
- Experience with Lithium Ion Batteries, DC power electronics,
and Charging systems.
- C/C++ experience is required.
- Experience with CAN communication hardware and firmware,
including J1939, CANopen and others.
- Experience with UL functional safety requirements of firmware
for lithium batteries preferred.
- General experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, and others
preferred. --About Toyota Material Handling Let Toyota take your
career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees
with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation
and creativity in an unmatched culture. Based in Columbus, Indiana,
Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling
equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are
proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals
committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer
a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and
challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota. Benefits
that set Toyota apart:
- Competitive Salary + bonus program
- Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision
- Free On-Site Medical Center
- Free On-Site Recreational Complex
- On-site Pharmacy ($5 co-pay) Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and
advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without
distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This employer participates in the E-Verify program. Click here for
Keywords: Acuren Group Inc, Bloomington , Firmware Engineer Supervisor, Engineering , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!