Customer Engineer #: 22-05359
Company: HireTalent - Diversity Staffing & Recruiting Firm
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Description Job Title: Customer EngineerJob Location:
Columbus, IN (Hybrid)Job Duration: 10 MonthsKey
- Supporting our High Horsepower customers as a *** Emissions
Solutions Application Engineer
- Working with customers on product tailoring requests
- Support customer installation questions
- Reviewing and auditing customer installations
- Assisting distributors with product and testing questions
- Occasional travel to customer sites for machine inspection
- Communicating product changes to distributors and
- Supporting current product issues as they arise This dual
customer/product focused position serves as the technical liaison
between OEMs and represents our customers during new product
development programs. Applying ***' products to customer vehicles
requires the development of technical specifications, implementing
new design configurations, and delivering high performance,
low-cost equipment and system solutions integrated with customers'
products in a variety of applications. Integrating high quality and
optimized customer solutions requires the interaction with sales
and marketing teams.Key Responsibilities
- Investigates integration and installation problems, understands
causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem
resolution and documents results with guidance from more
experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as
Installation Quality Assurance, OEM integration and product
selection and tools such as Advisor, *** OnLine Specifications
(COLS) and Global Customer Engineering (GCE) required to support
the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Obtains input and negotiates with Subject Matter Experts and
Value Package Introduction (VPI) Teams and delivers product data
and installation requirements to Application Engineers and
- Makes decisions in the areas of product selection, design, and
integration that impact OEM machine performance, optimization and
- Develops strong working relationships with customer technical
counterparts to serve as their primary liaison to deliver product
technical information, manage product specifications, communicate
product change information, conduct installation issue resolutions
and facilitate customer requests.
- Applies in-depth product, application and market knowledge to
support Original Equipment.
- Manufacter product selection and equipment design.
- Translates customer needs and "voice of the customer" into
functional product requirements.
- Serves as customer/market advocate inside *** during
participation in new product development programs, design reviews
and product change request processes.
- Ensures products are applied and installed correctly to meet
customer system requirements and environments.
- Assures installation quality by validating prototype machine
performance and ensuring installations meet *** requirements.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components,
products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of
technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer
level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes
and systems, while still developing technology or product
knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and
- Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve
the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or
temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence
within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the
competency areas critical to success in the role. Qualifications
and Competencies Competencies:
- Technical Customer Management - Represents *** to our customers
by being the interface for all technical aspects; provides
engineering data, documentation and training to customers to
support the design and integration of equipment; ensures that the
customer's business is not interrupted by managing ***' product
changes through the use of our change processes and regular
communications with Product Development and the customer.
- Product Application Support - Ensures new product information
is available by developing and managing accurate and complete
technical content in a timely manner to support our customers and
the business; provides new options through management of technical
systems to support sales to all of our markets; defines
installation requirements and develops innovative tools with
in-depth, cross system knowledge and industry experience for
successful design and integration.
- Machine Integration and Optimization - Combines various parts
or sub-systems into a whole to achieve the output most desired by
the customer; applies ***' installation requirements using our
standard tools, processes and identified best practices to ensure
optimization of performance, reliability, cost and quality;
analyzes technical issues using proven problem-solving and
troubleshooting techniques for rapid resolution.
- Product Installation Quality - Identifies and applies ways to
improve machine integration to minimize rework and deliver the best
product; applies standard *** processes based on the experience and
knowledge of product installation experts; ensures that products
are installed correctly and meet requirements through an
installation review process.
- Product Selection - Guides customers to the best product
offerings for their markets and applications; offers best-fit
solutions to customers by optimizing product specifications to
make***' offerings easy to install into new applications;
represents features and benefits of products in terms that
customers understand; ensures ***' products aren't misapplied
through using ***' technical information systems, local and
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a
process that protects the customer; determines the assignable
cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the
systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem
- Machine Operation and Support - Evaluates the operation of the
system by the user through monitoring system performance,
addressing system failures or performance concerns, reacting to
evolving user needs, and technology changes; proactively and
systematically responds to operational issues which contribute
significantly to user satisfaction and operational cost
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep
the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:College, university, or
equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant
technical disciplines is required.This position may require
licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions
regulations.ExperiencePrior entry level engineering equivalent work
experience in a relevant discipline area is required.Knowledge of
MS Office tools is preferred
Keywords: HireTalent - Diversity Staffing & Recruiting Firm, Bloomington , Customer Engineer #: 22-05359, Engineering , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!