Mechanical Engineer II #: 22-06483
Company: HireTalent - Diversity Staffing & Recruiting Firm
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Title : Mechanical Engineer II
Location : Columbus , IN
Duration : 5 Months
Selected hire needs to be local to Columbus, IN. This team is
working a hybrid schedule which means there are days each week
where they'll need to be on-site working and days they can work
from home. The hybrid schedule for this hire can be determined once
they've started working.
This product focused position verifies and validates the
functionality of ***' products across a wide range of customer
requirements, across a variety of applications, in various
environments. This work plans, tracks, and evaluates results from a
wide range of analyses and functional tests to assess product risk
and performance. These results are expected to drive quality
decisions and proactively resolve product issues before the product
reaches the customer.
Responsibilities For This Position Will Include The
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design Verification Plan and
Report (DVP&R) stakeholders to define technical requirements
and delivers an optimized component-based analytical and
experimental verification plan to the program or project team.
- Makes decisions in the areas of verification and validation
that impact product performance, reliability, and durability.
- Investigates and addresses potential component concerns or
issues, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate
action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance
from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as
technical requirements, iDFMEA, Engineering Standard Work (ESW),
DVP&R, test planning, and problem solving and tools such as
Integrity, Microsoft Power BI, and McParts required to support the
processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components,
products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of
technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer
level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes
and systems, while still developing technology or product
knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and
- Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve
the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or
temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence
within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the
competency areas critical to success in the role.
- A Bachelors' Degree is required for this role - manager has
asked to see degrees in one of the three engineering disciplines:
Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Manager is seeking candidates with 1-3 years' relevant
experience. He is open to seeing new college graduates provided
they have a degree in one of the three engineering disciplines
listed above (ME, IE or CE). Lots of training will be provided to
- Problem solving skills are a must! Selected hire needs to be
able to figure out and understand the root cause of an issue and
work through coming up with a solution to mitigate the issue.
- Strong organizational skills are also a must! This team manages
A LOT of testing all of which must be kept straight. They use MS
Project for their notes and tracking so knowledge/experience with
that is preferred. General knowledge with other MS Office
applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is needed too.
- Experience with or knowledge of the following would be pluses:
CAD, Creo, SolidWorks and/or Matlab.
- Product Verification and Validation Management - Develops
product systems validation plans from a variety of inputs to
identify failure modes, while managing product risk and relative
priority; negotiates product requirements against capability to
guide project scope; evaluates analytical, simulation and physical
test results to verify product capability and validate
requirements; assesses legacy versus proposed system solution
capabilities and produces recommendations with technical
documentation to support product decisions.
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a
process that protects the customer; determines the assignable
cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the
systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem
- Analytical Modeling and Test Integration/Optimization -
Develops a physics-based understanding of customer duty cycles
using real world collected data representative of the full range of
customer usage; compares analytical and experimental results and
resolves differences to maintain calibrated analytical models;
generates experimental testing plans that deliver optimal analysis
and test coverage.
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product
failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional
requirements, interactions, control factors, noise factors, and
prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes
for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve
the reliability of ***' products.
- System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and
tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements
to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for
the system of interest through analysis, allocation and
negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the
system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system
requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and
maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
- Product Interface Management and Integration - Identifies and
analyzes the interfaces and interactions across system boundaries
by specifying the requirements and limits to ensure that the
product meets requirements; controls the interactions across the
system element boundaries by making sure that they remain within
specified limits; integrates system elements by creating an
integration plan, including identification of method and timing for
each activity to make it easier to find, isolate, diagnose, and
- Technical Function Processes and Tools - Executes, improves,
trains, coaches and/or manages the Technical processes and tools
including standards and best practices that enables knowledge to be
re-used and functional deliverables to be met in a quality and
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep
the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development
Keywords: HireTalent - Diversity Staffing & Recruiting Firm, Bloomington , Mechanical Engineer II #: 22-06483, Engineering , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!