Vehicle Repair Technician
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Vehicle Repair Technician FULL-TIME $26.50/hr Starting wage
ranges from $21.00 to 26.50 based on experience Duties include:
- Performing repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe
manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
and company policies.
- Servicing fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or
from driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR).
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues and making necessary
repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Inspecting, lubricating, and servicing vehicles and
- Completing adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to
vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Checking, filling, and/or changing appropriate fluids for all
vehicle parts and checking/changing filters.
- Inspecting, repairing and/or overhauling vehicle support systems,
such as electrical, air, and brake systems.
- Identifying and performing repairs and adjustments to various
components and operating systems on the vehicles, equipment or
- Performing roadside repairs and adjustments.
- Ensuring all safety devices on vehicles are in good working
- Performing required administrative duties when necessary, such as
cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- Assisting less experienced technicians with repairs, maintenance
assignments, and adjustments.
- Performing routine housekeeping duties relating to tools,
materials, shop, and work areas.
- Professionally interacting with internal and external
- Assisting in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as
- Maintaining accurate records (time, repair orders and parts
usage) on computer. REM-04 WS-04 Schedule Shift start: 6:00AM Shift
length: 8 - 10 hours Monday - Friday Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Legally eligible to work in the
United States.At least 3 years performing repair and maintenance on
heavy trucks and diesel engine vehicles, equipment, and related
components.Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical)
diagrams, and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair
vehicle or component failure.Valid driver's license, CDL
preferred.Possess a valid DOT medical card or ability to obtain
prior to hire, preferred.Must be able to read and speak English
About Rumpke When you accept a position at Rumpke, you become part
of our family, afamily that is driven by a strong sense of pride in
making the world acleaner and greener place to live for future
generations.Today, with help from more than 2,000 employees, our
third-generation firmhas grown to become one of the largest waste
and recycling companies in theUnited States serving areas in Ohio,
Kentucky, Indiana and West Virginia.If you are looking for a
meaningful career with great pay, life insurance,health and
retirement benefits as well as great co-workers and
advancementopportunities, consider joining the Rumpke team and let
the work you doevery day make a positive difference for you and our
world. Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, customer service,
maintenance, mechanical, millwright, repair, service technician,
Keywords: Rumpke, Bloomington , Vehicle Repair Technician, Engineering , Medora, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!