Company: SGS North America
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description As an Applications
Engineer, you will be responsible for hardware & software test
development, and data acquisition activities related to vehicles,
engines, and other propulsion technologies. The Application
Engineer will work with software development and test operations
teams to implement various testing configurations, diagnose, and
resolve problems with test equipment, and specify and document
testing procedures. This is a hands-on role, working directly with
automated testing equipment, and the software that controls it.
- Configure test cell automation software including channel
set-up and calibration, programming of test sequences, and set-up
of measurement instrumentation.
- Diagnose and resolve test cell equipment and software
- Perform data analysis and interpret results to help guide
- Manage test planning and execution, validate data quality,
ensure data delivery.
- Communicate with operations/technicians with project
requirements and timing.
- Cooperate directly with customers to assist them in acquiring
data and running test plans with test cell automation
- Be accountable for meeting test and development project
objectives and quality objectives.
- Ensure best engineering practices are followed.
- Coordinate with software team to lead new feature development
and product improvements.
- Update internal procedures and develop new procedures as
- Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories
and processes. Develop and carry out tasks to continuously improve
the safety of the operation.
- Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for
improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or
responsiveness, and advocating for appropriate improvement actions
with senior management.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
- BS degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering
discipline with a minimum 2 years of experience in automation,
controls, software development or test engineering setting.
- Experience working with data acquisition software/hardware
- Experience with supervisory control and data acquisition
- Programming experience in PLCs, and various VFD motor
- Electrical AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Unix/Linux programming experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and
troubleshooting, including field installation of industrial
automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end
- Experience with information technology infrastructure
components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Solid understanding (or desire to learn) quality assurance
processes such as: requirements analysis, root cause analysis,
structured testing, test planning and execution, test
documentation, troubleshooting, defect tracking, etc.
- Specific knowledge of relevant ISO, SAE, US EPA, BAR, UL, or
ETL requirements Additional Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons
in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, Bloomington , Application Engineer, Engineering , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!