Director of Assisted Living / Registered Nurse (RN
Company: Ohio Living
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Director of Assisted Living / Registered Nurse (RN)
- Location Name: Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber
- Address: 717 Neil Avenue Columbus,-- OH
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Posted Date: 2/2/2021 OVERVIEW The Director of Assisted
Living/Staff Development is responsible for the operation and
supervision of the assisted living program in accordance with
company standards and federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations, and ensuring the highest degree of
quality care and services are maintained at all times. * RN
required RESPONSIBILITIES Care Management and Service Delivery
- Responsible for case management of all residents in the
assisted living areas.
- Consults with the resident's physician in planning resident
care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as needed.
- Oversees notifications to the resident's attending physician(s)
and family in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
- Interacts with residents to ensure that quality care and
positive resident/staff relations are taking place.
- Maintains open and trust-building relationships with resident
family members responding professionally and promptly to any
requests or concerns.
- Responds to resident, employee, and vendor concerns,
complaints, and suggestions and maintains a written record of
actions taken. Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures that Assisted Living Manual is followed by nursing
staff and that it reflects the day-to-day assisted living and
nursing care procedures used by the facility and interprets
policies and procedures as required.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and
implementation of the facility's quality assurance program for
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control,
and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing
nursing/resident care tasks and ensures departmental staff does the
- Ensures that the nursing staff is following procedures for the
administration, storage, and control of medications and
- Ensures that resident rooms, treatment areas, work
areas/equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident information and
honors the residents' personal and property rights. Operations
- Manages the assisted living operations to ensure compliance
with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements through
appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties.
- Coordinates admissions, transfers, and discharges of residents
as necessary as determined by the interdisciplinary team.
- Assists in developing and implementing methods for coordinating
nursing services with other departments, including Culinary,
Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance, Therapy, Activities and Social
Services, ensure the continuity of care.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the policies and
procedure manual, and ensures facility-wide compliance with said
policies and procedures.
- Organizes and maintains office procedures and supervises
workflow of staff.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service
training as scheduled or as directed. People Management and
- Supervises assisted living staff.
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so
direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high
quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with
the company policy and procedure and provides developmental
guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Monitors accountability with organization requirements
prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages
employees who are routinely not observing these requirements in an
effort to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when
circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling,
conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs,
on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental
- Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for
staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting
position be vacant.
- Responds timely and thoughtfully to questions, requests, and
work product from departmental staff that has been provided for
review and approval.
- Oversees financials on a monthly basis to ensure that annual
budget and other financial targets are met.
- Provides corrective measurements when unexpected costs or
reduced revenues occur. --Administrative and Reporting
- Participates in screening potential admissions for care needs
and suitability of admission.
- Reviews nurses' notes to ensure that they are informative and
descriptive of nursing care being provided and that they reflect
the residents' response to the care.
- Performs administrative duties such as completing forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary. All
other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing and current unencumbered license
for the state of Ohio to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Three years experience in operations management in a skilled
nursing or assisted living facility required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and the internet required.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record. Must be insurable under professional liability and crime
coverage policies as specified by insurance carrier underwriting
LOCATION INFORMATION Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber is Central
Ohio's premier life plan community located at the edge of Victorian
Village. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care,
short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living.
The campus also offers independent living apartments. Most
importantly, we're a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and
expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to
career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done We're
looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and
contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals
to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as
WHAT you do in your job Why work at Ohio Living
Westminster-Thurber? Our residents and employees have access to a
fitness center, casual bistro and The Crossings restaurant.
Depending on an employee's full-time, part-time or PRN status, they
may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more! Who is Ohio Living? Headquartered in Columbus,
Ohio Living is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit,
multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922,
Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life
for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living
Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties. Our mission is to
provide adults with caring and quality services toward the
enhancement of physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent
with the Christian Gospel.
Keywords: Ohio Living, Bloomington , Director of Assisted Living / Registered Nurse (RN, Executive , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!