Company: ODW Logistics
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing a
team of professionals as they support the start-up of new
operations, as well as the continuous improvement exercises of
on-going operations. This position will lead the development of
programs to improve productivity, capacity, processes, people,
systems, reporting and sustainability within the network.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Promotes the organizational values of Trust, Team and
Opportunity and the operating philosophy of SCOPE.
2. Maximizes safety, service, quality, and productivity throughout
operations by utilizing best practice techniques in the areas of
facilities layout, methods, material handling concepts, and
measurements. Takes operational performance personally.
3. Leads the evaluation of current processes to identify, recommend
and implement improvement opportunities in work methods,
procedures, systems or equipment to increase throughput, waste
reduction and/or quality
4. Effectively prioritizes improvement opportunities across
operating locations, working with senior leadership to achieve
5. Works with all levels of operations to ensure process changes
are successfully implemented and maintained
6. Ability to oversee, provide guidance, personally execute, and
analyze complex analytics as it relates to warehouse operations and
7. Tests new equipment, software and processes to ensure it meets
8. Ensures project deliverables meet budget and time
9. Represents the department as a subject matter expert on
processes, products, equipment, and procedures to internal and
10. Develops and implements both short & long-term strategies and
plans that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the
11. Assist Business Development process in RFP responses, including
solution concepts and design.
12. Identifies the Key Performance Indicators, (KPI's) and apply
systems and controls to monitor those characteristics
13. Partners with the IT and Supply Chain Systems Teams to improve
the current warehouse tools.
14. Facilitate the sharing of best practices throughout ODW.
15. Hire, train, develop, and mentor other engineers and supporting
16. Sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure
organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and
are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
17. Conducts performance reviews, including formal corrective
action to ensure an environment of accountability and
18. Develops and maintains budgets as required
19. Relentlessly develop knowledge of new technologies and
innovation in the 3PL industry.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
--- 7+ years of experience in an Operating, Continuous Improvement,
or Supply Chain Engineering role.
--- A degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related
operations discipline is preferred.
--- Strong proficiency in continuous improvement methodologies,
tools and techniques
--- High energy level with a strong process orientation and a track
record of driving improvement
--- Must be comfortable collecting, organizing and interpreting
--- Passion for coaching, teaching and leading teams through
--- Strong natural curiosity and the ability to evaluate situations
from multiple perspectives
--- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation
skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective
--- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite products and logistics
and supply chain execution systems (WMS, TMS, etc.)
--- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to
--- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced,
team-oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and
achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time
--- Prior planning experience including budgets, staffing,
equipment, and facilities.
--- Thorough understanding of the 3PL industry.
--- Must be "hands-on" and able to handle multiple priorities, and
meet deadlines. Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Bonus, Matching 401k,
paid holidays and vacations Apply Now *Required fields Name Email
Phone Upload Multiple Files. Max. file size: 8 MB. 400 W.
Nationwide Blvd., Ste 200
Columbus, OH 43215
Keywords: ODW Logistics, Bloomington , Engineering Manager, Executive , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!