Assistant Branch Manager - Bedford and Ellettsville Branches
Company: Hoosier Hills Credit Union
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Salary: $45,835 - $68,752
Location: Assistant Manager will work at Bedford and Ellettsville
The Assistant Manager is accountable for supporting the overall
profitability and growth of a financial Service Center branch,
looking for ways to generate new memberships and deepen existing
ones while continuously focusing on an exceptional member
experience. In providing leadership and guidance, the Assistant
Branch Manager supports the VP Service Center Operations by
encouraging staff to achieve quality sales and service standards.
The Assistant Branch Manager supports coordinating and optimizing
branch resources and developing partnerships with other business
units while engaging in community involvement.
Mission and Service - Is an integral part of the Hoosier Hills
Credit Union and Service Center team in living out our corporate
mission; "To be better for our members by making a positive
difference in their lives and the communities we serve."
- Fosters an environment and culture of consistently high service
standards by personally delivering outstanding service to both
internal and external members and by ensuring that branch staff
deliver service that is in alignment with the Credit Union's
- Always acts in the best interest of the members and HHCU.
- Serves as a visible, active leader in the community to promote
the cooperative message of the Credit Union. Acts as a financial
educator to spread the word in the community about personal
financial responsibility and how the Credit Union can help people
achieve their financial goals.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core
values, and long-term objectives and is accountable for meeting
branch sales and service goals.
- Organizes, attends and supports branch events and other
community outreach efforts and promotes HHCU's culture of community
stewardship to staff members.
Member Experience and Business Impact - Knows how to effectively
combine business savvy with people skills to define scenarios,
initiate conversations and implement plans that create a highly
responsive and results-oriented approach to meeting member needs
and achieving organizational objectives.
- Continuously works to uncover financial matter needs and find
solutions that will increase wallet share and broaden HHCU services
adoption. Imparts knowledge and expertise to branch staff so that
they are poised to be in constant alignment with branch and
- Focuses on deepening member relationships and ensures that
value is created for both the member and HHCU through member
loyalty, retention, and cross-sell.
- Understands the business value of human talent; supports VP
Service Center Operations/Branch Manager in ensuring the team's
time, talent, and productivity is aligned to generate results;
recognizes and encourages team's talents to achieve annual business
objectives and enhance the service experience for the
- Clarifies and champions expectations with effective
communication so team members understand what they need to do, how
they need to do it, and what results must be achieved.
Leadership and Coaching - Is focused each day on developing team
members and others to achieve business results, deepen employee
engagement, and foster a mission-focused culture of transparency,
learning, growth, success, and accountability.
- Assesses branch and individual performance by identifying both
areas of strength and weakness and makes recommendations to VP
Service Center Operations that produce positive results year after
- Collaborates with VP Service Center Operations to develop each
employee to their highest potential by recognizing positive
performance and identifying areas for improvement through coaching,
training, annual performance evaluations, recommendation of
individual development plans and paths to career enhancement and
- Motivates others to achieve sales and service goals by keeping
the team focused on what's right for the membership and the success
- Routinely collaborates with the Service Center team and
throughout the organization to ensure that communication, member
experience and employee experience is consistent and positive.
Acumen and Accountability - Serves as a trusted resource for
members, staff, and the management team to ensure that
communication is consistent, and that membership and employee needs
are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supports VP of Service Center Operations in managing operations
and branch profitability through routine analysis and consistently
impacts lead generation, positive sales and service experience,
opportunities for creating efficiencies and branch balance sheet
- Monitors day-to-day activities of team to ensure member
satisfaction and reinforce branch objectives and priorities.
- Implements and shares creative ideas that provide business
Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, collaboration,
effective communication, and continual learning.
- Collaborates with VP Service Center Operations/Branch Manager
to ensure the branch is appropriately staffed. Assists with
recruiting and retaining high performers and identifying bench
strength to achieve desired service levels and prepare for future
growth and innovation.
- Ensures that operating procedures, training initiatives and
business plans are followed, and monitored, and recommends and
implements areas of improvement of policies and processes. Ensures
branch compliance with all regulatory agencies, laws, regulations,
policies, and procedures including annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC
training and all applicable BSA/AML regulations and business
practices as established by Credit Union management.
- Maintains user-level knowledge of relevant software systems
such as Core, Lending, Budget, Human Capital Management, Compliance
and Responsible for member account maintenance, opening new
accounts, underwriting, and processing of consumer loans, and
processing transactions in a proficient and accurate manner within
security guidelines and with few errors. Transition between
responsibilities effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of
- Handles all escalated member issues to effective resolution and
follows up with VP Service Center Operations/Branch Manager or
Senior Management, as necessary.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Well-developed analytical, project implementation and
- Strong sales coaching skills and sales and service
- Professional appearance and demeanor, good interpersonal
relations skills, and positive, optimistic outlook
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with management, peers, employees and vendors, and
the ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Loan-trained and qualified with knowledge of fundamentals of
lending, policies, and principles
- Strong knowledge of banking products and services: deposit,
consumer loan, and small business
- Knowledge of markets, competitor activities, problems and
developing trends within assigned location
- Considerable judgment is Must analyze complicated factual
situations and apply functional principles and develop
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
software and the use of the Internet
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and
concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
PM19Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4-year degree in business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in management of retail setting,
financial service center, call center or lending business
- Lending experience required, post high school courses in
lending, compliance, will be considered
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal accessibility of branch and corporate work sites
required for the position
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement
from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body
while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Works in typical administrative setting with climate control
and appropriate lighting
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50
pounds, taking frequency into consideration
Keywords: Hoosier Hills Credit Union, Bloomington , Assistant Branch Manager - Bedford and Ellettsville Branches, Executive , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!