Engineering Services Manager
Posted on: August 8, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. Summary:The
Engineering Manager ensures projects, protocols and planned
activities meet committed timelines and budgets to ensure
compliance and on-time delivery. This position oversees a group of
Engineering professionals and Project Managers. This position
reports to the Director, Engineering.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role
and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Provides guidance, support, direction and leadership through
positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations
- Interviews, hires, coaches, and develops staff. Conducts annual
performance reviews for all direct reports. Assist in setting
performance objectives and development plans.
- Manages a team of senior level engineering professionals to
support facilities, utilities (critical and non-critical), aseptic
processing, filling and packaging equipment processes.
- With oversight from Engineering Director, oversees and develops
departmental capital equipment budgets, Value Improvement Projects,
and equipment/process optimization.
- Ensures department compliance for master change control
management and validation protocols.
- Utilizes Lean principles to manage the successful completion of
departmental tasks within the boundaries of quality, time, safety
- Under guidance from Engineering Director, manages project
timelines associated with generating design specifications,
procurement, design of experiments, factory acceptance testing,
installation, coordination of validation activities, standard
operating procedure (SOP) generation, and transfer to functional
area for in-service status.
- Provides guidance on design and technical direction to
- Provides review and approval of Engineering Work Orders, Master
Change Controls, Exception Reports, Technical Summaries, Validation
protocols, expense approvals and CAPA's. Job Requirements
(Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, and be
capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through
innovative thought and experience.
- Knowledge of GMPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and
the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE,
BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, Maximo etc.)Physical / Safety
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is
- Position requires sitting or standing for long hours. The
successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he
or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law. Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 067379
Keywords: BAXTER, Bloomington , Engineering Services Manager, Executive , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!