Senior Associate Director of Communications (Communications Leader), Office of Admissions
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: November 25, 2022
ADMISSIONS ORG (BL-ADMS-IUBLA)
The Office of Enrollment Management serves Indiana University
Bloomington by recruiting, enrolling, and serving the undergraduate
population. We are deeply committed to transforming students' lives
through access, engagement, and success while becoming the most
innovative, strategic, and visionary enrollment management team in
the nation. With a strong focus on diversity and excellent service,
OEM works with campus partners to make IU Bloomington the best
The Office of Admissions is the front-facing department to the
public for undergraduate recruitment for the Indiana University
Bloomington campus. The Office of Admissions is responsible for
attracting, recruiting, and enrolling new undergraduate students to
the IU Bloomington campus, counseling prospective students and
their families about the admissions process, providing accurate
information to the public about our recruiting requirements and
standards, and promoting Indiana University Bloomington.
The Senior Associate Director of Communications serves as the
Office of Admissions lead project manager for the direction of
admissions marketing and communication initiatives on the flagship
campus of the Indiana University system in Bloomington, Indiana as
it relates to campus, school and department communications to
prospective undergraduate students, including but not limited to
the incoming freshman class, transfer students and non-traditional
This role will serve as member of the admissions leadership team,
with shared responsibility for the development of staff, department
budget, new initiatives, and meeting operational goals and
objectives. This position is the primary point of contact with the
OEM Enrollment Marketing and Communications and together, develops
a marketing strategy for undergraduate admissions, including
defining, organizing, and scheduling complex communication and
marketing campaigns to assure the quality, competitiveness and
integration of these campaigns consistent with and integrated into
the Office of Admissions processes and the Bloomington Campus goals
and initiatives, allowing Indiana University Bloomington to remain
an innovative leader in the marketplace.
- Provides direct and operational process leadership for the
campus, schools, departments and admissions office for admissions
communication initiatives to include the collaboration with OEM
Enrollment Marketing and Communications in marketing strategy and
design and serves as point for review and final edits for more than
600,000 print and electronic recruitment materials.
- Serves as the primary admissions project manager responsible
for informing the integration of all IU Admissions marketing
channels and developing and implementing communications and other
activities that are part of strategic marketing campaigns and other
- Along with OEM Enrollment Marketing and Communications,
assesses the efficacy of the recruitment and marketing systems,
benchmarks them with competitive universities and recommends
modifications to ensure Indiana University's process and
presentations are competitive.
- Identifies emerging issues and recommends modifications on the
quality, integrity, accuracy and sensitivity of marketing
strategies to include print, electronic, and mass media
- Responsible for management of the inbound communications team,
ensuring highest level of service is afforded all prospective
students and their families.
- Provides leadership for knowledge management within the Office
of Admissions, including internal communication, training
documentation, organizational learning, proficiency assessment,
industry learning, etc.
- Reviews and evaluates the communication approaches for
recruitment campaigns, training and orientation scripts for staff
and volunteers, and contacts with visitors and applicants to ensure
that all contacts are maintained with the highest quality,
consistency, and integrity consistent with Bloomington campus
- Serves as Office of Admissions lead, responsible for the
management, training, and leveraging of CRM usage. With OEM
Enrollment Marketing and Communications, manages a strategic
communication flow for suspects and prospects and identifies new
opportunities for enhanced segmentation and targeted messaging
based on student demographic attributes and programmatic interests
as part of an enterprise CRM strategy.
- Promotes integration of all marketing channels and staff to
ensure that department resources are being fully utilized to
support marketing and recruitment initiatives undertaken by the
Office of Admissions.
- Utilizes a variety of assessment tools to monitor the reach,
engagement, and overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns and
initiatives in order to implement changes for increased
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for the development, coordination, and oversight of
a robust and diversified student search strategy to successfully
build and develop a pool of outstanding students for future cohorts
of Indiana University students.
- Provides direct and operational leadership for campus and
department staff requests for prospective student data, providing
instruction and training for the proper use and management of such
data, as well as to allow for the strategic planning and
coordination of communications to students.
- Partners with other Office of Admissions teams to develop and
maintain procedures to ensure that prospective student data owned
and managed by the Office of Admissions and the Office of
Enrollment Management is being requested, accessed, and utilized in
ways that are consistent with Indiana University Constituent
Relationship Management policy.
- In collaboration with OEM Enrollment Marketing and
Communications, campus departments, schools, and others, identifies
and recommends models and best practices for innovative outreach to
prospective students and families, such as web pages, dynamic and
date-driven emails, print publications, and social media
- Participates in and contributes to the departmental leadership
in the development of admissions staff, department budget, new
initiatives and operational goals and objectives.
- Supervises, mentors, directs and evaluates staff, directs work,
completes performance appraisals and selects new employees.
- Coordinates daily work activities, sets priorities, monitors
the status of projects and maintains quality control.
- Administers budget and resources relative to the position
- Develops and implements systems and operations consistent with
these goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with peers in other campus departments to define
operations that will articulate with the campus admission,
matriculation, and enrollment operations and timelines.
- Represents the office in a variety of highly collaborative,
cross-functional environments to assess and evaluate new
initiatives and modify existing operations.
- Develops and implements cross-functional designs and integrates
them into the Office of Admissions systems and operations.
- Collaborates in the campus planning and implementation of
coordinated work flow processes in respect to inter-relational data
base operations which support applicants for admission, admission
decisions and matriculation.
- Manages a recruitment territory.
- Regularly evaluates the status of the recruitment process to
ensure goals are met.
- Takes action consistent with analysis and makes modifications
- Delivers written and verbal presentations aimed at our
recruitment clientele. This includes prospective students and their
parents, advocates, guidance counselors, high school
administrators, alumni, and members of the IU community. General
- Directs operations for the marketing and communications
function by providing oversight and direction within a department,
large multi-faceted department, or multiple departments.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches, assigns work, sets goals and
objectives, determines staffing needs, and directs the work of a
team of Communications Generalists and/or Communications
- Manages relationships with various internal and external
stakeholders; determines communications needs, projects, and
programs to align with objectives and goals and manages processes
such as the development of communications timelines related to such
- Reviews drafts of communications and projects and coaches on
grammar, tone, branding guidelines, formatting, and other elements
that may affect the perception of messaging or reputation of the
- Responds to escalated and complex inquiries and requests and
explains policies, procedures, and context of communications.
- Assists in budget planning and administration for
communications initiatives, including expenditures, revenue
projections, and program costs.
- Monitors industry trends and best practices, makes process and
operational and strategic recommendations to manager, and assists
in implementing recommendations to optimize operations and progress
- May provide guidance to lower-level Communications Leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English,
public relations, or related fieldPreferred
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Senior Associate Director of Communications (Communications Leader), Office of Admissions, Executive , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!