Assistant Director Career and Professional Development (Employer Relations Specialist)
Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Department ATHLETICS (BA-ATHL-IUBLA) Job Summary
- Supports the mission of the Leadership and Life Skills and the
Excellence Academy by providing current and former Indiana
University student-athletes with career advising services to
adequately meet their unique career development needs.
- Works with academic advising staff to assist students with the
major selection process.
- Facilitates and develops career development programming for all
current and former IU student-athletes.
- Assists student-athletes prepare for and identify job,
internship and professional shadowing opportunities.
- Develops relationships with the IU community, employers and
third party career related venders (i.e. Career Athletes). General
- Plans, coordinates, and markets on-campus recruitment events to
connect students with potential employers.
- Assists with managing relationships with employers and alumni
through regular communication.
- Helps coordinate the logistics and scheduling of information
sessions, on-campus interviews, class presentations, and networking
events hosted by the career center, featuring alumni and employer
- Interprets and enforces policies pertinent to third-party
recruiting and other employment conditions.
- Reports and analyzes recruiting data for detailed, annual
- Meets regularly with colleagues to assist with analyzing
recruitment trends and plan employer relations strategies that
enhance existing relationships and identify new opportunities.
Qualifications EDUCATION Required
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field WORK EXPERIENCE
- 2 years in employer relations, career consulting, or related
field Combinations of related education and experience may be
considered SKILLS Required
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to represent the company with external
- Ability to work within tight time frames and meet strict
deadlines Working Conditions / Demands This role requires the
ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and
other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves
sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office
environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to
perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Benefits Overview For full-time staff employees, Indiana University
offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Learn more about our benefits
by reviewing our online . Job Classification Career Level: Career
FLSA: Exempt Job Function: Student Services Job Family: Career
Services Posting Disclaimer Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may
be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our
standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus
to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please
discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions
at that time. This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on
the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time
at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a
minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please
submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your
resume when uploading attachments. New employees will be provided
with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine
policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To
learn more, view our . Equal Employment Opportunity Indiana
University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer
and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment based on individual
qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based
on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.
Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its
educational programs and activities, including employment and
admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints
regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX
Coordinator. . Campus Safety and Security The Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire
statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is . You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at or by
visiting IUPD. Contact Us Telephone: 812-856-1234
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, Bloomington , Assistant Director Career and Professional Development (Employer Relations Specialist), Executive , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...