Sr Manager Environmental Health & Safety
Company: The Hershey Company
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Sr Manager Environmental Health & Safety
May 6, 2023
Job Location: Robinson, IL
The Hershey Company Robinson plant is a non-union plant producing
products such as PayDay, Heath, Skor, Milk Duds, Whoppers & Reese's
Pieces in a high-speed complex environment.
Under limited supervision, directs the development, implementation,
and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, health, safety and
security programs, policies and procedures that are compliant and
promote continuous improvement.
Provides the leadership, direction, and support necessary to ensure
compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
regulations and standards to meet or exceed relevant internal and
external safety, environmental & security standards in a manner
consistent with sound business practice.
The position may direct the work of other salary or hourly persons
- Provide leadership and direction in the development,
administration, and maintenance of EHS compliance and continuous
improvement program elements.
- Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies
and coordinate and follow-up on EHS audits to ensure satisfactory
compliance. Ensure all required reports are completed and submitted
- Develop and administer the facility EHS management systems
including employee participation, hazard analyses, safe operating
procedures, training, risk management, loss control, spill
prevention, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials, emissions,
emergency planning (EPCRA) and all other key system
- Facilitate compliance with facility, regional, corporate, and
regulatory environmental & safety standards and guidelines through
audits, inspections, recordkeeping, and data
- Assist management with investigations, provide recommendations
for corrective or preventive measures, and ensure that accurate
environmental and injury/illness records are maintained.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and
laws to provide expertise for EHS assessments, capital projects,
work orders, and general EHS related problem solving at the site,
regional and corporate level as needed.
- Manage salary, hourly and contract personnel to perform day to
day functions with direct oversight of the WWPT (Wastewater
- Support staff and personnel development for goal alignment,
prioritization of work and coaching for effective performance.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully
perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels
within the organization from corporate, regional and plant
management to supervisors and hourly employees in the production
- Ability to effectively manage personnel and budget to meet
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other applicable industry
environmental, health and safety standards
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and
- Superior communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and train staff including organizing,
prioritizing, scheduling daily work and projects and promoting
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the
ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid
recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to understand and execute processes including
recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes,
measuring, and assessing success and identifying areas of
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skill in budget preparation and management
- Ability to develop and implement environmental and safety
policies, programs, and training.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP computer
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes
- Ability to adjust work hours as needed.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and the ability to lift
moderately heavy items such as test equipment or
- Demonstrated ability to move between tasks and projects on
short notice and to quickly change priorities based on customer and
department needs, while still meeting project deadlines
(Flexibility is key in this role as priorities change
- Ability to work well in a team environment & independently.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's degree in Occupational /
Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental
Science, or other EHS related field preferred; other four-year
degrees will be considered.
- Certification in an EHS related discipline and/or further
education is a plus.
- Master's degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an environment related to
EHS program management, preferably in manufacturing.
- Preference for food, food-related or consumer package goods
Keywords: The Hershey Company, Bloomington , Sr Manager Environmental Health & Safety, Executive , Robinson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...