Medical Director- Addiction Medicine: Bloomington, IN
Company: CleanSlate Centers
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Join our leadership team as a Center Medical Director! Sign on
Bonus $20k We have an immediate need for a direct hire, full time
Center Medical Director in our growing center.Who we are?CleanSlate
is a national medical group providing treatment for the chronic
disease of addiction. Our Mission is to improve the quality of life
for people suffering from opioid and alcohol addictions. We're
accomplishing this first through high-quality medication-assisted
treatment (MAT) led by physicians and licensed medical providers in
a convenient outpatient environment.We combine this science with
hands-on care, providing our patients with psychosocial support and
intensive care coordination with a wide network of partners in
every community.To date, since inception, CleanSlate has treated
almost 100,000 patients in over 75 centers across the country,
working closely with our partners to save and change lives.We fight
to save lives and help patients achieve the lives they want and
deserve.Overview:The Center Medical Director (hereafter, CMD)
provides medical leadership in the primary location determined upon
hire. Over the course of practice there will be various clinical
scenarios that will arise requiring an understanding of the
medically compromised patient and the multifactional considerations
in treating addiction. CMDs will involve themselves in difficult
clinical situations and will be available to advanced practice
clinicians for consultation. Additionally, the CMD oversees the
function of the center in conjunction with his or her dyadic
operational partner. This position reports to the Area Medical
Director or to the Regional Medical Director.What we offer and
- Generous 20 days PTO package plus 6 paid Holidays for full time
- 401K and Roth with Company match
- Affordable Medical plans for employees
- Dental and Vision plans for employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Employer contribution to the HSA
- Employer Assistance Program with company paid visit
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
including part time employees.
- Continued Education Paid Time Off 40 hours and Education
Reimbursement for Providers $2500 per year.
- RVU Incentive Bonus Program
- STAR Approved Site (loan reimbursement program for eligible
- Provide medication assisted treatment including initial
evaluations, induction on Buprenorphine and follow up care to
patients within the center.
- Provide supervision to APRNs or PAs in the center.
- Prescribe medication to patients in accordance with our
formulary; timely completion of all prescriptions.
- Involvement in complex patient decision making e.g. regarding
medically compromised or complicated patient care, determining if a
patient requires a different level of addiction care, assisting in
the discharge determination process.
- Lead a weekly or otherwise regularly scheduled
interdisciplinary treatment meeting (IDT) to review challenging
patients for the purposes of decision making and education.
- Provide on-site consultation to part time physicians.
- Knowledge of any significant matters affecting the individual
clinic including, but not limited to, threats made against the
clinic, compliance concerns, or death of a patient under the
- Complete clinical notes at the end of each workday.
- Complete co-signatures regularly.
- Maintain all licenses, certifications and credentialing
materials allowing for continuing practice at CleanSlate
- Participate in referral development events either through
self-initiation, in conjunction with the dyadic partner (center
manager) or as instructed by the CMDs supervisor.
- Engage with Center Manager on shared dyadic responsibilities
such as quality and performance metrics impacting the center,
facilitating staff meetings to review metrics with all clinical
staff. Examples of performance metrics would be retention
percentages, attrition patterns, and data which reflects accordance
with our treatment model.
- Collaborate with Center Manager regarding performance of NPs or
PAs, serving primary role in evaluating performance and delivering
annual reviews. Center Manager will enter performance review
information into HRIS system for team member record.
- In conjunction with People Services, when appropriate manage NP
and PA employee relations issues by investigating issue, providing
and documenting coaching, drafting and presenting formal Corrective
Action, etc. .
- Any and all other tasks or projects, as assigned.Physical and
- Dependent body mobility to access a standard office environment
with shelves and drawers of varying heights.
- Vision sufficient to read a computer screen, and printed text
and handwritten documents.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard on a daily
- Stamina to sit and/or stand up for hours at a time.
- Ability to transport, lift or carry essential work-related
materials or items up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to communicate clearly
in person and over the telephone, and in various forms of written
- Mental stamina for problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to document, recall, and explain detailed trainings,
conversation, or events, and apply oral/written instructions, as
- Must be a licensed MD or DO with an active NPI, State License
and Controlled Substance Registration if required by state where
- Demonstrated leadership abilities. Demonstrated ability for
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills. Computer fluency.
Professionalism in all communications internally and
- Team player with high adaptability.
- Ability to improve with feedback and constructive
- Demonstrated commitment and compassion to patients with
substance dependence.SupervisesAdvanced Practice Nurses and
Physician Assistants, clinical staffWe are an equal opportunity
Keywords: CleanSlate Centers, Bloomington , Medical Director- Addiction Medicine: Bloomington, IN, Executive , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!