Medical Social Worker
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Provides social worker assessment and treatment; assisting patients
and families in the patient's place of residence as prescribed by a
Physician. The Social Worker assists the patient and family with
health related financial, social and emotional concerns and assists
with effective coping skills.
- Provides Social Work Services in accordance with the
Physician's plan of care.
- Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the care
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Ensures that changes in the patient's clinical status are
communicated to other healthcare team members and the care center
office staff in a timely manner (documented communication in the
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician,
patient/ family, other healthcare team members to facilitate
optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides medical social work interventions and treatment based
on an ongoing patient assessment/ reassessment and in accordance
with Physician orders.
- Educates the patient and family members and other team members
on medical social work interventions and treatment plan.
- Performs care planning, transfer and discharge functions in
accordance with care center policy and applicable laws, regulations
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ patient
care conferences in accordance with care center policy.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate and timely documentation per care center
- Identifies risks or threats to the patient's health in the
patient's environment and promptly implements appropriate
interventions to reduce risks. Communicates identification of
risks/ threats to the patient to the Physician and other members of
the healthcare team to coordinate care effectively.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources, identifying
appropriate resources to meet patient and family needs to
facilitate optimal outcomes.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Complies with the care center's policies.
- Participates in the agency's Quality Assessment Performance
Improvement Program and activities.
- Participates in in-service programs and provides educational
in-service programs to agency staff as requested.
- Holds a Master's or Doctoral degree from a school of social
work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and
- Has 1 (one) year of social work experience in a health care
- Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
- Current CPR certification. --
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.--
Keywords: Amedisys, Bloomington , Medical Social Worker, Healthcare , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!