Charge Nurse - ER
Company: Putnam County Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Charge Nurse:Provides direct and indirect patient care in the
emergency care setting. Provides care that reflects initiative,
flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional
expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage
safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the
emergency care system. Determines priorities of care based on
physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing
patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians
about changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of
diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to
changes in condition or response to treatment. This position has a
category I exposure. She/he works under the direction of the ED
Nurse Manager and collaborates with the RN in charge. All age
groups will be encountered by this position, infants through
geriatrics.This is a full time, benefit eligible position. Hours
are Friday and Saturday, 7P-7A and Sunday 11p-7a.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; prefer at least 1
year of prior experience in an acute care setting.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Indiana.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- Must complete ACLS course within 1 year of working in the
- Must complete PALS course within 1 year of working in the
- Must pass ER competency skills.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course upon hire to the
- Prior IV Therapy experience or completion of IV Therapy course
upon hire to ER.
- TNCC and/or ENPC recommended within one (1) year of hire.
- CEN Advanced Certification encouraged.
Keywords: Putnam County Hospital, Bloomington , Charge Nurse - ER, Healthcare , Greencastle, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!