Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description:About UsOur mission is simple: to provide quality
healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus,
indebted hearts, and tireless resolve.Valor Healthcare operates
more than 30 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the
United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to
veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the
specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set
of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory,
telehealth, behavioral health, and more.Position SummaryThe
Registered Nurse assists practitioners with patient care, physical
examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of clerical
duties. Uses the nursing process and evidenced based practice to
collaborate with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, LPN/LVN
and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/
caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in developing
the patient care plCore Responsibilities
- Actively assists practitioners with patient care, physical
examinations and ancillary tests.
- Practice specialized skills in patient assessment.
- Triages unscheduled patients requesting care.
- Acts as point person within PACT Team.
- Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers,
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on
self-management, prevention, and wellness.
- Monitors VA discharge list and contacts patients for follow
- Maintains confidentiality of veterans' data and
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Consults as permitted by VAMC.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector
General (OIG), Joint Commission(JC), Environment of Care (EOC)
oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through
the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both
in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments,
follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; if VA contract
allows, may be Associate Degree RN.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a registered nurse in a
related primary care or ambulatory care setting; government
healthcare environment preferred. Specific requirements could vary
based on individual VA contract.
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid,
unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any
U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects
of defined service standards
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc., Bloomington , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!