Registered Nurse - RN- Paid training in dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sign on bonus available based off of experience at some
locations.About this role: As a Dialysis Clinic Registered Nurse
(RN) with Fresenius Medical Care, you will be part of a close-knit,
collaborative team responsible for delivering unique care plans and
providing dialysis treatment to patients facing end stage renal
disease or chronic kidney disease. Our clinic RNs build strong
bonds and lasting relationships with people who entrust us with
their care, their families, and fellow care team members.How you
grow or advance: As a Dialysis RN, you will enter our Clinical
Advancement Program (CAP) to grow and advance in your career. By
participating in CAP, you will develop clinical leadership skills,
derive greater career satisfaction, have an opportunity to share
your expertise with others, and be recognized for your experience,
knowledge, and clinical expertise. All new hires will begin at the
appropriate CAP level based on prior experience and education.Our
culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset - we
value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you
may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your
education goals, granting scholarships to family members,
delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing
financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our
people.Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing
environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual
orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse
range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees
with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or
experiences to come together for professional and personal
development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse
workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion
for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.At
Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the
lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the
career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a
vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and responsibilities are
expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care
policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state, and
- As a member of the nephrology health care team, you will
participate in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and
quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes
and facility operations.
- Coordinates patient care including assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of hemodialysis
patients. This includes delegation of appropriate tasks to direct
patient care staff.
- Performs all essential functions of an Outpatient RN under
supervision (based on prior experience).
- Performs ongoing analysis of patient data with each patient
visit and document in the patient medical record.
- Adjusts or modify the treatment plan as indicated and notify
supervisor as needed.
- Provides initial and ongoing education to patient and
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and document appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assist with emergency response measures.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing, and shipping
procedures are performed.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on the patient
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Completes CAP requirements to either maintain or advance within
the program.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for
colleagues, collaborative, reliable.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred but not
- Chronic/acute hemodialysis experience (preferred but not
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Bloomington , Registered Nurse - RN- Paid training in dialysis, Healthcare , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!