PCU travel RN needed in Columbus, IN
Company: Alto HealthCare Staffing
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Description: 1. General job duties. Types of procedures
This position will float between Med/Surg, Cardiac Step Down,
Med/Surg Step Down and ICU to care for Step Down and Med/Surg
Cardiac Step Down. Procedures include post PCI/PVI recovery
including sheath removal, post ICD and pacemaker caree .
Cardioversion. Handling of cardiac drips (no titration) include
cardizem, amiodarone, dopamine, dobutamine, Milrinone, lidocaine,
integrillin, and others.
For the Med/Surg Step Down unit. Will need to be able to handle the
above medication drips as well as insulin drips for DKA management.
Pts will include respiratory failure w/BiPAP, Sepsis management,
severe electrolyte inbalances, Post surgery management of
thoracotomies/VATS, Wedge resections, vascular procedures and other
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized
charting, medication systems, etc.)
We currently use Epic-EMR. Accudose access for some medication.
Hemochrone to measure ACT
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Will have to be able to read and interpret rhythm strips, Cardiac
step down and need med/surg stepdown experience.
2-4yrs PCU/Step down and Med Surg. Requires ASN. BSN preferred.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required.
(ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
ACLS, BLS,State of Indiana or Multi-state compact license as a
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work
alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends
Required to work 3x 12 hrs shifts. Every 2nd to 3rd weekend
rotation. Will never have to work alone. Holidays will be
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which
Floating is needed between the units of Med/Surg, cardiac stepdown,
med/surg stepdown and ICU to take stepdown or Med/Surg
If on the med/surg step down unit we will always have a sm
population of med/surg pts. The SDU/PCU is a discharge unit so pts
will be downgraded as they recover. If there aren t enough SDU/PCU
pts, the bed will be filled with a med/surg.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
Cardiac unit- 17 beds. Med/surg Step down- 13 beds. .
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
Cardiac unit: 1:3-4. Med/surg step down: 1:3-4.
Med Surg: 1:5
9. Dress Code:
Navy blue/white scrubs. Closed heeled and toe shoes.
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and
Will need 1-2 days of Epic training. 1 day of hospital regulatory
items. 1 day/night on the floor with a preceptor.
We are moving forward with the transition of 4T to a Med/surg Step
down unit. All nurses for 2T/Cardiac PCU and 4T/Med-surg Step down
will need to be experienced PCU/SDU nurses with the ability to also
care for med surg patients.
Comments: Hospital rate: $125.00 , OT/CB: $135.00 , Hol: $187.50 ,
AP rate: $118.75 , AP OT/CB: $128.25 , AP Hol: $178.13 , AP OC:
36 hours per week
Name of Position Requirements
- Able to float between Med/Surg, Cardiac Stepdown, Med/Surg
Stepdown and ICU (for PCU/SDU patients only - ICU exp not
- Current IN or Compact License?
- Does your candidate require any time off during the assignment?
If so, please provide dates in the comments.
- EPIC experience?
- Experience with insulin drips for DKA management; respiratory
failure w/BiPAP, Sepsis management, severe electrolyte
- Experience with post PCI/PVI recovery including sheath removal,
post ICD and pacemaker care, Cardioversion. Handling of cardiac
- Is candidate a 1099?
- Minimum 2 yrs PCU/SDU experience?
- Post surgery management of thoracotomies/VATS, Wedge resections,
vascular procedures and other surgeries.
- Has your candidate ever worked at CRH before travel, per diem or
perm? Please specify in comments.
- Please list candidate's full LEGAL name in comments (First name,
middle initial and last name required).
- Middle Initial? (required)
- Last 4 of SS? (required)
Keywords: Alto HealthCare Staffing, Bloomington , PCU travel RN needed in Columbus, IN, Healthcare , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!