Director of Healthcare Software Systems
Company: American Health Network
Posted on: November 17, 2019
The Director of Healthcare Software Systems is primarily
responsible for collaborating directly with leaders across the
organization to identify, recommend, design, develop, implement,
and support cost-effective Application Software, Business
Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions that enable company
success and future growth. This individual will also serve as a key
architect for the business and work to help drive requirements
definition and solution development. Primary focus is on Medical
Billing and EHR software systems.
- Strategic oversight of training programs.
- Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of
department wide tactical plans.
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an
environment that fosters team commitment and employee
- Ultimate responsibility for EHR/EPM Support.
- Works collaboratively with Providers and Management team to
establish a shared understanding of business needs with regards to
the AHN EHR and Billing system.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context
of the requirements, analyzes and presents solution options.
- Identifies project objectives and scope, including risks,
ensuring alignment between objectives and business strategic
- Elicits, analyzes, and validates requirements for changes to
the AHN EHR/EPM system, and communicates changes to all
- Develops business processes to ensure developed application
meets all project requirements.
- Leads project teams and group facilitation sessions thru all
phases of a project.
- Consults with Executive Management and reviews project
proposals to determine goals, scope, objectives, time frame, and
procedures for accomplishing the project.
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules and plans as
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management and others
informed of project status and related issues.
- Ensures that technical and project documentation are developed
- Develops quality assurance test plans and directs quality
- Works with team performing implementation and support
- Works with Data Services Team to provide interface support as
- Aligns people and projects to achieve initiatives.
- Works with direct reports to develop goals and objectives.
- Works with direct reports to establish performance standards
for work assignments, monitors work status and progress including
goals and objectives.
- Values cultural diversity and other individual differences in
the workforce, ensuring that the organization builds on these
- Ensures employees are treated in a fair and equitable
- Complies with all EEO obligations and responsibilities.
- Develops staff through coaching, mentoring, rewarding,
training, and guiding.
- Empowers employees and recognizes and rewards their
- Surrounds self with highly capable people.
- Manages employee issues and resolves grievances.
- Interviews, hires, and orients direct reports utilizing all
support tools provided by organization.
- Completes performance evaluations for direct reports on a
- Consults with Human Resources to determine if disciplinary or
termination meetings are needed.
- Conducts disciplinary and termination meetings after consulting
with Human Resources.
- Assists all staff in the interpretation of policies and
- Assesses current and future staffing needs based on
- Utilizes compensation data provided by Human Resources.
- Maintains a broad understanding of the principles of financial
management – uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Monitors all financial expenditures.
- Identifies / implements cost-effective approaches.
- Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate
technology into the workplace and improve work processes.
- Supports and implements organizational technology changes.
- Ensures quality of work performed by direct reports in area(s)
- Commits to a focus on continuous improvement of workflow
processes and procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the
following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; and a minimum of
ten years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working in a clinical environment
- Knowledge of Database software, design software, Internet
software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software; SQL
database and Crystal reports experience required.
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits ( 32 hrs/wk or more )Work
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Keywords: American Health Network, Bloomington , Director of Healthcare Software Systems, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!