Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location InformationMeadowood is a beautiful community in
Bloomington, IN, with more than 260 units offering independent
living and skilled nursing care.Key ResponsibilitiesAt this time,
we are seeking a Housekeeper to join our team!
- Performs housekeeping duties in the resident apartments and
common areas of the community.
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned
resident apartments and common areas daily according to facility
- Disposes of trash and waste, other materials in a safe
- Maintains par levels of supplies and assists with ordering of
- Washes and folds laundry. Distributes clean linens and towels.
Maintains a stocked cleaning cart with needed items.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity
and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of
resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and
use of resident and facility property.
- Able to understand and to follow written and verbal
- Understand proper use of community equipment.
- Able effectively to communicate with the staff members and
residents through verbal and/or written means.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the
building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form)
in a care setting with residents, families, staff.
- Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push,
reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be
required to move furniture.
- Able to respond productively and to handle additional
tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to detect odors and see spots and spills.
- Ability to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
- Passion for caring for elderly.Shift/HoursDaytimeOur Core
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our BestAbout Five StarFive Star Senior Living
Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider
headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest
quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home.
Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five
Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.The Five
Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent
Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare
Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care
Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more
than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our
residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.The Ageility
division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over
150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star
and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and
Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step
up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy
program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on
cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in
areas such as medication management and house hold
functions.EEOCFive Star prohibits discrimination against any
applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex,
pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related
medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression
(including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical
disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic
information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a
personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a
mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in
any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to
federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has communities and/or facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.In addition, Five Star expressly
prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy
(including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including
transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability,
military status, certain criminal records, genetic information
(including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal
admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally
ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other
category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate
harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in
which employees may find themselves in connection with their
employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up
to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including
intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or
applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation,
engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review,
investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their
legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited
and will not be tolerated.
Keywords: Meadowood, Bloomington , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!