Team Leader - 1st Shift Opportunity
Company: Midway Products Group
Location: North Vernon
Posted on: May 25, 2023
1st Shift Position
- Oversee the set up and safe operation of department. Delegate
authority and responsibility while maintaining control.
- Organize department for meeting production schedules and
quality goals. Coordinate the efforts of individuals and the
- Knowledgeable in the technical aspects of equipment, processes
and tools. Will work with other manufacturing, maintenance, tool &
die, and management members to assist in the efficient operation of
the cell(s) and plant
- Completes all pertinent paperwork in an accurate and timely
manner: up-time sheets,
- Production reports, tags, checklists, pareto charts, efficiency
- Teach, train, coach and assist team members in the set-up
procedures and audit the teams performance.
- Know and verify the machine parameters including palm button
- Responsible for periodic cycle checks.
- Promote teamwork, quality, and good housekeeping and ensure a
safe work environment.
- Able to assist Area Manager in cost saving activities by
generating ideas and assisting in implementation.
- Has the authority & responsibility to start and stop production
operations, to address operational and quality issues, uses gages
and other measuring instruments as required for insuring customer
requirements are maintained.
- Complete checklists and pareto charts to document the status of
production parts or machinery, and to directly seek assistance from
all available plant resources to ensure the daily operation of the
- Responsible to lead daily team meetings in planning and
communicating team activities for the shift.
- Has the authority and responsibility to coordinate rotation of
job assignments for team members.
- Has the authority and responsibility to evaluate each team
member's performance according to the evaluation schedule.
- Promotes a positive work environment as well as promotes
continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains a safe working environment including the use of PPE,
and compliance with all safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all team members adhere to and update as needed,
all TS16949 operator and work instructions, tagging, forms and logs
to maintain compliance as required.
- Communicates and coordinates the flow of information to and
from other areas of the organization for the team.
- Coordinates the activities of council members in keeping team
members informed and provides opportunities for input.
- Must have problem solving skills and be able to generate unique
- Must have knowledge of the organization's structure, policy
culture, resources and information sources.
- Work with area managers in areas of job assignments including
performance issues maintenance, and inventory needs.
- Maintain cooperative attitudes with employees. Treats all team
members with dignity and respect.
- Perform any tasks necessary to meet company goals and
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate must successfully pass the required testing and
interview process. Good attendance record is required.
- Training and experience: Must have high school diploma or the
equivalent, and be able to attend a vocational program to complete
the necessary training including but not limited to Positive
Leadership, Quick Die Change, Team Building, Continuous
Improvement, and Kaizen participation. Have good oral and written
- Ability to lead, train and motivate a team.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Team leader must be able to stand on the concrete floor for the
duration of work shift, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to
the floor, and use arms and hands. Exert up to 25 to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and 5 to 25 pounds of force frequently. Visual
precision is needed for visually inspecting parts for quality,
reading documents, machine gauges, and precision measuring
- Works in a stamping and assembly factory environment. The
employee is subject to high noise levels from operating machines,
and physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, and
the press apparatus.
- Team leader may be hired to work in a specific area, however,
all team leaders are expected to be able to work in all production
areas in order to promote productivity, quality and safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Midway Products Group, Bloomington , Team Leader - 1st Shift Opportunity, Hospitality & Tourism , North Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...