VP, Assistant General Counsel - Technology Legal (CIB)
Posted on: February 25, 2021
PRACTICE AREAS: Intellectual Property, Technology
JOB TYPE: In-House Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Position: VP, Assistant General Counsel - Technology Legal
Location: Chicago, IL or Columbus, OH Description: The Technology
Legal Practice Group is currently seeking a highly motivated,
results-oriented Vice President/Assistant General Counsel. This
attorney will focus on technology transactional work primarily for
Corporate and Investment Bank businesses, and will handle the
structuring, drafting, negotiation and analysis of agreements for
the acquisition of global and domestic technology products and
services, including intellectual property licenses, order
management system and SaaS agreements, market data agreements,
index license agreements, platform agreements, in addition to the
drafting of client-facing technology terms such as connectivity and
API terms.Amongst other responsibilities, the Vice President
- Review, interpret and negotiate agreements with suppliers,
advising clients and partners on rights and responsibilities
related to those agreements, including compliance with JPMorgan
Chase policies and regulatory requirements.
- Manage end-to-end negotiations, and navigate internal processes
and coordination between the business, Legal and Sourcing to reach
timely and successful execution of agreements.
- Interpret contractual requirements based on information
provided by internal business partners.
- Negotiate standard and customized contracts in order to
minimize the risk to the business through principled adherence to
firm policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze legacy legal documents for conformance to the firm's
current policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on documentation
to internal business and functional partners.
- Serve as trusted advisor to internal clients and business
- Help develop and enhance legal knowledge management training
materials and procedures.
- Provide legal research on technology, intellectual property and
contractual issues, as needed.*Consideration may be given for
alternative city locations for internal candidates only. Please
direct all location inquiries to the listed recruiter so they may
review your request with the hiring manager.
- J.D. or equivalent degree from accredited law school and
minimum 5-7 years' legal practicing experience in a law firm or
corporate law environment with significant experience drafting and
negotiating customized transactions with large multi-product global
- Familiarity with financial services industry and the products
and services offered by investment banks required.
- In-house experience in credit rating agencies, market data
providers, financial services, technology or other IP-heavy
industry (e.g. media, advertising, etc.) desirable.
- Experience in--negotiating contracts for technology/IP
transactions with third party providers required, e.g. software
licensing/support, software as a service, consulting, professional
and other services agreements.
- Knowledge of privacy, intellectual property, outsourcing,
offshoring, contracting and related regulatory and risk
- Strong interest in new and emerging technology solutions and
applications, and their impact on intellectual property and
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and legal research
- Strong business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to independently identify issues, analyze
problems and provide viable solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels
of personnel and management, including senior executives.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle deadlines, and manage
multiple tasks in a high performance environment.
- Ability to follow up on assignments in a timely manner,
exercise good business judgment and work accurately under
- A self-starter with the ability to make autonomous decisions
and to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully
complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to
commencement of employment. Attorney candidates must be in
compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the
requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located
prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: MCCA, Bloomington , VP, Assistant General Counsel - Technology Legal (CIB), IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!