Company: Indiana University
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DepartmentKELLEY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (BL-BUS-IUBLA)Department
InformationThe Kelley School of Business at Indiana University is a
comprehensive provider of top-tier business education with a full
portfolio of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive
programs on campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis, and online
worldwide. The Kelley School has been creating career momentum for
100 years, going from 70 students in 1920 to an enrollment of more
than 12,000 students today. Our innovative curriculum is built on
personal development, teamwork, and experiential learning with an
emphasis on global and social responsibility. Our success is
reflected in our reputation among academic peers, our career
placement statistics, and the accomplishments of more than 117,000
living alumni around the globe.Job SummaryDepartment-Specific
- Design, develop, and implement software applications and tools
supporting teaching, learning, and administrative operation of the
Kelley School of Business.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to conduct business analysis
to advise user functionality and determine technical approach and
- Determine technical feasibility and design solutions that meet
hardware, software, and security requirements.
- Conduct related planning, design, programming, testing,
implementation, and support of systems.
- Advise and assist consultants and helpdesk technicians in
support of faculty, students, and staff end users.General
- Provides experienced design and development for new and
existing applications (web, mobile, etc.) in support of business
- Consults with stakeholders to review existing applications;
provides experienced analysis of business needs and requirements to
determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
develops new functionality and/or codes necessary
- Provides technical support for the maintenance and upgrade of
applications, including packaging and deployment of releases.
- Tests application performance and functionality; performs
quality assurance checks and fixes bugs accordingly.
- Documents application development efforts (changes, new
functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Collaborates with team leaders, functional clients, and other
technical teams on the planning, implementation, and support of new
applications; ensures optimum functionality, performance,
accessibility, scalability, and security of new and existing
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and
maintenance of applications are up to date and compliant with
university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date
on new industry development standards, emerging technology, UX/UI
design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science or a related
field). WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- 2 or more years of applications development or related
experience. Combinations of related education and experience may be
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net technologies, C#, Microsoft SQL
Salesforce, Database design and development, and ETL tools.
- Ability to analyze, design, and develop complex data-driven web
applications and software utilizing current programming practices
- Proven ability to work independently on analysis and
development tasks, lead development projects, and collaborate with
users from other functional areas of the school or units in the
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team-oriented agile
development environment. Working Conditions / DemandsThis role
requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a
computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The
position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving
around an office environment and the campus. The person in this
role must be able to perform the essential functions with or
without an accommodation.Job ClassificationCareer Level:
CareerFLSA: ExemptJob Function: Information TechnologyJob Family:
Software/App Design, Dev & EngClick here to learn more about
Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the
COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working
conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the
ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are
invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns
regarding the working conditions at that time. This posting is
scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date.
This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the
University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days.
To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application
within 5 business days of the Posted Date.If you wish to include a
cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading
attachments.New employees will be provided with information
regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which
includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more,
view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment
OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!