Web Developer, Full stack
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: May 15, 2022
DepartmentSCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH - BLOO
(BL-SPHB-IUBLA)Department InformationThe Indiana University School
of Public Health-Bloomington (SPH-B) invites applications for the
position of Web Developer (Full Stack). Located on the flagship
campus of the Indiana University system, SPH-B has more than 2,138
enrolled undergraduate and 380 graduate students, 200 faculty, and
78 staff in five departments (Applied Health Science, Environmental
and Occupational Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Health &
Wellness Design, and Kinesiology). We are in a period of profound
growth, as we have hired more than 30 new tenure-track faculty in
the last three years. Indiana University is a member of the
prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). The city of
Bloomington offers the feel of a college town with the amenities of
a large city. From off-Broadway plays and musicals and the LOTUS
World Festival of Music to quick access to 250,000 acres of public
recreation lands and a reasonable cost of living, Bloomington
offers much to all. As SPH-B continues its rapid research
expansion, there has not been a more exciting time to join the
- Develops high-performing websites and web applications,
including building and implementing back-end (APIs, databases) and
front end (interfaces, web-based tools) solutions.
- Consults with stakeholders and/or web administrator to review
existing websites/webpages; develops new functionality and/or codes
necessary web changes.
- Develops data structures, web tools and programs while taking
into consideration multi-browser and mobile compatibility and
- Documents website and web application development efforts
(changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Tests website and web application performance and
functionality, performs quality assurance checks, and fixes bugs
- Acts as a liaison between design/creative teams and
stakeholders to ensure optimum functionality, performance,
accessibility, scalability, and security of websites and web
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and
maintenance of websites are up to date and compliant with
university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date
on new industry web standards, emerging media technology, UX/UI
design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or related
- 2 years of full stack web development or related
experienceCombinations of related education and experience may be
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to audit and perform updates to developed code systems
- Ability to contribute to related file repositories and
communicate with peers to ensure project success.
- Strong understanding of related policy and standards.
- Strong ability to read and write code in HTML,CSS, JS.
- Ability to work on developed common JS frameworks and consult
on UX related projects.
- Ability to integrate advanced protocol interfaces (API).
- Strong ability to code in logical dynamic language.
- Ability to write complex relational database schema.
- Ability to audit and develop systems of applications. Working
Conditions / DemandsThis role requires the ability to effectively
communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office
productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as
well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the
campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the
essential functions with or without an accommodation.Job
ClassificationCareer Level: CareerFLSA: ExemptJob Function:
Information TechnologyJob Family: Web Admin, Design, & DevelopClick
here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting
DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in
the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings
(e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If
you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or
concerns regarding the working conditions at that time. This
posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised
Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the
discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of
5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit
your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.If you
wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume
when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with
information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy,
which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn
more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment
OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits
discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Web Developer, Full stack, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!