CNC Mill Machinist/Programmer
Company: Consolidated Machine & Tool
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany InformationConsolidated Machine & Tool
(CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining,
fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With
over 175 years of combined experience, 300,000 sq. ft. of floor
space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented employees across the
United States and Canada, we leverage our combined expertise and
state of the art CNC machining capabilities to deliver quality
machined parts to customers all across the globe. Our primary
commitment is to provide our customers with a quality product,
on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Position SummarySpecialty CNC (SPC), a CMT company, is seeking a
CNC Mill Machinist/Programmer for our Bloomington, IN location. The
CNC Mill Machinist/Programmer is responsible for quality parts
produced on CNC mill machines. If you are looking for an
organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and
passion for success, Specialty CNC is a great place to start! *This
position works a schedule of Monday thru Thursday from
7:00am-4:00pm. The pay range for this role is between $28.00 -
$32.00 per hour depending on experience.*Essential Duties and
- Verifies cycle times on all jobs and reports discrepancies to
his/her crew chief and annotates on traveler.
- Verifies/sets gauging against known standards and ensures
gauging is correct per inspection sheet.
- Knows and ensures all safety devices are in place and working
- Inspects machine and work area in general for proper order and
- Able to block through a newly set job and/or a newly assigned
job and/or start up.
- Operates machinery according to acceptable and safe
- Makes routine adjustments to feeds, speeds, and offsets.
- Able to ascertain the need for changing inserts and capable of
doing so as needed.
- Able to do tool offsets in order to adjust machine outputs or
compensation for insert wear/replacement.
- Able to change work holding fixtures and tooling as
- Able to use Crib-master to check out and return tooling
- Lines up tools for next job and knows and uses correct storage
locations for fixtures, tooling, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of set ups as directed
by a machinist or crew chief.
- Licensed to run a forklift and competent with other forms of
handling equipment, e.g. pallet jack, hoists, etc.
- Competent in all the duties of a trainee and performs all tasks
as assigned by supervision/management. Experience, Qualifications,
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read precision gauges and visual accuracy.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Experience with comparator a plus.Benefits and PerksOur
comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a
competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, paid holidays, 401(k)
with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D
insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and
life/AD&D insurance is employer paid. Consolidated Machine &
Tool and all of its locations are a drug-free workplace / Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements,
and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a
person's sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin
or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate.Powered by
Keywords: Consolidated Machine & Tool, Bloomington , CNC Mill Machinist/Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!