Company: SGS North America
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company Description -SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description -The Software
Engineer -will support, update, and create software used in testing
for the transportation sector. This position often includes direct
interaction with customers to create specifications and manage time
on individual software projects. -
- Work directly with the customer to support existing test
software, providing help and identifying needed changes as
- Plan and implement needed additions and improvements to the
software. Sometimes this is new functionality in a current
application, and sometimes this is a new application based on
customer or internal requirements.
- Work in a Linux environment where our present major software
- Project requirements gathering.
- The position may include management of customer projects which
includes communicating with the customer on issues and status,
gathering requirements, and managing project schedules and
- Giving training demonstrations and presentations to customers
is sometimes required of the software engineers.
- Understand and follow coding standards and other software
- Interact with other members of the development team in
brainstorming, reviewing requirements, design, development,
integration, and maintenance of software
- On-site presence will be required at various times.
- May eventually include web application development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications -EDUCATION AND
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
similar field or equivalent experience
- Background in engineering or science such as mechanical
engineering, physics, or chemistry.KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/
- Mathematical Skills: Minimum of calculus and basic
- Computer Skills: Programming in Java including writing and
debugging. standard data structures, relational databases (SQL),
XML, HTML, Boolean algebra, desktop GUI development.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- A strong ability and desire to learn new things.
- Self-motivated, open to change, and driven to improve the SGS
product and customer experience.
- Strong organizational skills; capable of setting priorities and
keeping track of tasks autonomously.Preferred
- Experience with source code repository (git).
- Experience with build tool (ant)
- Linux experience at the user level
- ASAM ODS
- Experience with Azure pipelinesTRAVEL
- Travels up to 10% of time. -
- Occasional travel inside the US may be required. -Additional
Information -SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
-This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. - -If you are applying
for a position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. - -Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Bloomington , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!