Informatics Technical Specialist
Company: Beckman Coulter
Posted on: August 24, 2019
The Informatics Technical Specialist will be Beckman Coulter's
front-line contact with customers in delivering a software product
that bridges laboratories' information systems and their analytical
instrumentation, and fills key gaps in data management
functionality by using expert decision logic to facilitate the
management of samples and the delivery of results. The position has
consulting and implementation responsibilities. The Specialists
will interact with customers' laboratory and IT personnel to craft
effective solutions, perform installation and integration work to
facilitate highly automated laboratory operations, and provide
customized consulting services to ensure ongoing customer
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the quality system
- Responsible for the integration of the automation, informatics,
and LIS to accomplish successful communication between all
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the installation/integration of
the informatics product
- Establish successful analyzer, network and LIS
- Integrate informatics systems onto hospital network
- Address the particular needs of each individual laboratory by
writing custom algorithms that modify the informatics software
- Train customer on operation of informatics product and the
- Provide ongoing support, training and leadership for the local
- Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and
- Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps and
potential design improvements to the integration process.
- Proactively address and support sales objectives and
- Interact with field service, or others on technical or account
- Technical resource for customers that will impact current and
future sales decisions.
- Conduct themselves in a most professional manner, even under
- Manage and support customer satisfaction to sustain the growth
- Customize tailored solutions based on the unique needs and
circumstances of each customer
- Serve as project leader directing and executing all on-site
laboratory informatics implementation activities.
- Integrate the third-party hardware, consisting of PC
workstations and servers, which operates the informatics
- Train customers in the use of the informatics software.
- Report to management on implementation projects so that
experiences are retained and knowledge can be shared.
- Associates degree in science, IT, or Med Tech required.
- Bachelor's Degree in science, preferably Medical Technology or
equivalent experience in laboratory environment preferred
- Networking and/or LIS implementation/development experience
Background / Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and
- The individual must maintain excellent communication skills,
verbal and written.
- Experience with programming, networking and databases
- Accomplish results individually and in collaboration on teams
and work groups.
- Training experience in small and large group formats
- Project leadership experience
- Manage personal schedule and travel, company assets, and
expenses within guidelines
- Familiarity with laboratory workflow and operations preferred,
with a background as a medical technologist being ideal.
- Experience with Beckman Coulter instrumentation systems a
- This position will require extensive travel (at least 85>
Diversity & InclusionAt Danaher, we are dedicated to building and
sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not
just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for
the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher
Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity
employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Beckman Coulter, Bloomington , Informatics Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!