Leader Gas Standards (Located anywhere within the NiSource Service Territory) Multiple Positions
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Leader Gas Standards (Located anywhere within the NiSource
Service Territory) Multiple Positions IntroductionLead the
functions and activities of the standards team. Manage the
performance of standards staff to ensure the completion of goals
and department objectives. Drive process safety enhancements
through improvement of existing processes, policies, procedures,
standards and other operational controls. Provide guidance,
direction, and support to standards staff to ensure professional
development and to accomplish department objectives. Support the
safety management systems program elements and the principles of
process safety. Maintain close communications and working
relationships with various operating, construction, engineering,
and staff departments in an effort to provide needed technical
support and direction. Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesFor gas
operations regulatory and standards activities:
- Lead standards activities.
- Coach, develop and evaluate standards staff.
- Assign projects and responsibilities to standards staff that
fosters a sense of ownership and accountability while also
providing development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain service-focused working relationships with
operations, construction, and engineering partners.
- Maintain and communicate standards for policy (e.g. OM Plan),
process, operating guidelines, materials and work management.
Examples of work management standards include compatible units, job
safety plans and inventory (material) master.
- Assist with internal external incident investigations for
significant process safety related events, and identify lessons
- Engage asset owners and other stakeholders to collect process
safety information (design, operations and other data) for process
- Monitor and respond to regulatory filings and proceedings at
state and federal level.
- Solicit and facilitate internal subject matter expertise for
standard development and response to regulatory issues.
- Review and update internal programs as warranted due to
regulatory developments, compliance evaluations and continuous
- Establish program execution plans by properly defining task
level responsibilities then assigning and communicating those
responsibilities to the various departments or individuals
typically in Operations.
- Monitor program compliance by following-up on assignments to
ensure proper execution.
- Participate with VP Gas Operations, President and peers in the
development of strategies, policies and objectives for Operations,
ensuring that regulatory programs are integrated with overall
Company goals and objectives.
- Review department goals and projects to ensure that corporate
needs and objectives are met.
- Prepare the capital and OM budgets and ensure that all costs
are within budgetary constraints.
- Balance staffing needs to meet workload requirements by
reallocation of resources or by recruiting additional resources,
(i.e., interns, part time employees, new employees, and
- Manage all activities and communications for the
- Help identify training needs around compliance issues.Required
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor degree in an engineering curriculum from an ABET EAC
- 5 years of experience in pipeline/utility systems Engineering
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience over complex programs or
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with system operations,
construction and emergency response activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of (1) field operations policies and
procedures, state and federal regulations (including DOT Pipeline
safety Regulations 190,191, 192, 193 199) or (2) process safety in
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational planning skills.
- Working knowledge of standard Mircosoft Office software
suite.Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Masters degree in business or engineering
- Previous supervisory or management experience that demonstrates
the required skills and competencies
- Demonstrated direct interface in providing support to
commission audits and inquiries
- Understanding of tariff and PP.
- Understanding of Plant and Service operations.DisclaimerThe
preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all
duties and responsibilities required of the position.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.Equal Employment
OpportunityNiSource is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each
employee is expected to abide by this principle. By applying, you
may be considered for other job opportunities. How To ApplyFor
immediate consideration, please apply on-line at
careers.nisource.com before April 19th!Inclusion & DiversityValue
inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting
others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating
a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued
within your Team/Customers and external partners.Respect and take
into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and
external work partners by valuing different world views,
challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all
backgrounds.Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively
participate in creating and contributing to a positive work
environment. Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match
Keywords: NiSource, Bloomington , Leader Gas Standards (Located anywhere within the NiSource Service Territory) Multiple Positions, Other , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!