Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: First Financial Bank
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is
relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it
continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you
As a First Financial Bank (FFB) Mortgage Loan Originator, you
will originate mortgage loans sourced through your established
referral partners, our retail banking branches, internal
departments, and marketing efforts to builders, realtors, and other
referral sources. The position will be required to self-source
mortgage leads, convert into applications, present personalized
mortgage products and solutions to potential customers, produce
required disclosures, procure intent to proceed, collect borrower
documents needed to satisfy loan conditions, and work with internal
departments to ensure a superior customer experience and timely
- Consistently achieves monthly loan production volume as
specified in the MLO Agreement.
- Generates new business to assist in meeting established
- Responsible for developing and maintaining business plan for
growth of this business area.
- Networks with assigned bank branches, internal departments,
employees, local organizations/businesses, realtors, builders, and
other referral sources to generate mortgage leads.
- Evaluates needs of potential customers and offers appropriate
mortgage products and services, or provides referral to appropriate
specialist within the Bank.
- Prepares and compiles mortgage application and information for
processing of mortgage loan applications generated.
- Ensures completeness of loan documentation.
- Oversees timely closing and funding of loans.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current mortgage
customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Responds to mortgage inquiries and requests regarding accounts
from assigned branches.
- Promotes and cross-sells other bank products and services as
appropriate to customer requirements.
- Provides data to support marketing and sales promotion
- Works directly with sales manager to assist with CRA loan
initiatives in local market.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience originating residential
mortgages, 4 years preferred.
- Must have existing referral network established to provide
- Must have prior experience using loan originating software and
MS Office products.
- Strong product knowledge and underwriting requirements for
Conventional and Government (FHA, VA, USDA) mortgage programs.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Must have or ability to obtain Mortgage Loan Originator License
- Must be trained in all areas of mortgage lending.
- Must maintain employer and industry required continuing
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Level of Complexity and Scope:
- Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
- Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Physical Requirements:
- Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting
all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by
State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First
Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank
Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity
reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in
violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age,
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status,
pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
Keywords: First Financial Bank, Bloomington , Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!