API & Integrations Product Owner
We are looking for a talented API & Integrations Product Owner
to join our Cummins Business Services team in Columbus, IN. This
position is currently temporary working remote due to COVID but
will be revisited.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Develop software solutions by studying information needs;
conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work
processes; investigating problem areas; following the software
development lifecycle; Document and demonstrate solutions; Develops
flow charts, layouts and documentation
* Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
development and issues while protecting IT assets by keeping
information confidential; Improve applications by conducting
systems analysis recommending changes in policies and
* Define applications and their interfaces, allocate
responsibilities to applications, understand solution deployment,
and communicate requirements for interactions with solution
context, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs)
* Understands multiple architectures and how to apply
architecture to solutions; understands programming and testing
standards; understands industry standards for traditional and agile
* Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and
Technical Agility; Adopt new mindsets and habits in how people
approach their work while supporting decentralized decision
* Responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work
generated by a software Scrum team to ensure impeccable features
and functionality of the product.
* Manages the delivery of business value by owning the team
backlog, defining stories, establishing story acceptance criteria
and leading story refinement for preparation of iteration planning
and program increment planning
* Demonstrates autonomy in making technical decisions and in
problem solving related to the platform, while retaining
accountability for decisions to be reviewed within the scrum
process and by various stakeholders.
* Provide Solution Architecture input to the teams for
developing the features.
* Shape and innovate technology to be developed within the
organization and team and applied across Cummins global IT product
teams, business units and global functions.
* Interact with both technical and business stakeholders of all
levels and with third-party suppliers
* Works with other Product Owners and the Product Manager to
determine impacts and interdependencies with other teams, programs
or value streams
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required
This position may require licensing for compliance with export
controls or sanctions regulations.
* Minimum 8 Years of total IT experience
* Experience working as a software engineer with the following
knowledge and experiences are preferred:- Working in Agile
environments;- Fundamental IT technical skill sets;- Taking a
system from coping requirements through actual launch of the
system;- Communicating with users, other technical teams and
management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide
estimates and meet production deadlines;- Professional software
engineering best practices for the full software development life
cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build processes, testing and operations.
* Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and
experience in Agile methodologies.
* Interactions with stakeholders during iteration demos, or
individually, to show the most critical aspects of a solution and
negotiate the reality of systems solutions
* Collaborates with Product Manager to provide input to the
Program Vision and Roadmap
* Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication
skills with strong attention to detail
* Proficiency in MuleSoft or one of similar technologies like
Apigee, Boomi etc. is extremely desired.
* Optional exposure to Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (Oracle SOA,
OSB, ODI) is good to have.
* Experience working with XML, XSLT, XQuery, XPath,
* Knowledge of Web Services technologies such as JSON, REST,
Http, SOAP etc.
* SAFe experience/certification or any similar Agile
experience/certification will be highly desirable.
* Exposure and experience in building APIs using modern API
first or API led design principals.
Compensation and Benefits
* Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional
benefits vary between locations and include options such as our
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan,
Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic
Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and
Cummins and E-verify
* At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to
provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons
without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin,
age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran
status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other
status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using
E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration
(SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN,
Columbus, Sears Building
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Mar 17, 2021, 4:34:35 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210000UQ