Company: The Hershey Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Location: Robinson, IL
Under minimal guidance, the Sanitation Specialist's primary role
is to coordinate efforts to achieve and maintain sanitation
programs and compliance Hershey's Product Excellence Program
This position is responsible for overseeing the sanitation
program to ensure compliance and proper execution in accordance
with sanitation, food safety and safety corporate standards, HACCP
principles, GFSI standards as well as local and state regulations,
in order to maintain a visibly clean, audit ready environment for
food production. Recommends and secures the appropriate resources
(internal and external) and time (including necessary downtime) to
assure a sanitary environment is maintained.
- Manages Sanitation employees work schedule and
responsibilities. Manage departmental financial responsibilities
for sanitation, developing budget and cost controls when ordering
supplies and scheduling services.
- Develops and maintains Master Sanitation Schedule and
Environmental Microbiology Monitoring Program. Lead verification,
monitoring, and validation of the sanitation related programs.
- Assures compliance to pest control program
- Develop and report plant food safety and sanitation KPIs.
- Identify and develop sanitary design solutions working with
Microbiology, Engineering and/or Maintenance teams.
- Develops and conducts periodic audits and/or review results to
interpret data trends, monitor emerging issues related to
sanitation and develop remediation strategies accordingly.
- Act as an in-house expert resource for hourly, salary employees
and supporting departments within the food safety and sanitation
- Act as the primary interface for sanitation issues with
regulatory agencies, corporate and other third party audits,
providing leadership to identify, monitor, correct, and eliminate
gaps between the plant environment and the required standards.
- The position serves as a technical resource for Manufacturing
and Engineering along with providing leadership and guidance in the
areas of sanitation and associated incident investigation and
resolution, troubleshooting and other related matters.
- The position provides QA support to the various Business Units
across the plant.
Training / Communication:
- Assure employee ownership of programs by developing and
communicating essential information related to food safety and
sanitation to all employees including management and line
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully
perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Effective communication of technical and non-technical
information to various levels, both internally and externally to
- Knowledge of federal and state food industry regulations
including Food Safety Modernization Act
- Understanding of sanitation and pest control practices.
- Internal candidates shall have strong understanding of The
Hershey Company's Product Excellence Program (PEP)
- Strong working knowledge of QA principles
- Strong computer and document management skills
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
with all levels internal and external to the plant to deliver
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with all
employees in order to foster and environment where innovation and
cooperation are used to solve problems
- Strong auditing/assessment skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence management,
enabling the activities of employee teams that do not have direct
reporting to the Specialist
- Ability to interact effectively with third party and internal
- Position will primarily work 1st shift, but work schedule
flexibility is required to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, and plant grounds.
Must be physically capable of walking, climbing, squatting etc. to
complete sanitation inspections.
- Knowledge of pest control habits and possess the ability to
identify pests (mice & rat droppings, insects, etc.).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma required; Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- GFSI certification desired
- PCQI certification desired
- A minimum of 2 years sanitation experience required; 3 or more
years strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience is required
- Confectionary based processes knowledge is a plus
- Certification in Pesticide Application desired
- Sanitary Design Principles Training desired
- USDA (micro sensitive), FDA (low moisture) manufacturing
environments experience desired
- Allergens Management desired
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy
of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an
individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion,
citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: The Hershey Company, Bloomington , Sanitation Supervisor, Other , Robinson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!