Software Engineer II - Remote, Full Time
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with
customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our
customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and
supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in
Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment
centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists
of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team
builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top
players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our
business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory,
customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest
libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions
to complex, real-world problems.
This position is 100% remote.
- In order to qualify for remote work, candidates need to reside
or be willing to move to Nebraska
As a Software Engineer II, you will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology
partners and business stakeholders.
- Create software that can be monitored, analyzed, and optimized
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers throughout Spreetail to
continuously deliver and improve our software solutions.
- Break down high-level requirements in order to deliver software
- Increase the quality of new and existing software systems.
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of object-oriented programming experience (.NET,
- Eager to give and receive feedback on individual skill sets,
designs, and code to constantly improve yourself and our
- Passionate about supporting, collaborating, and growing with
other Software Engineers.
- Bring a positive attitude, so your teammates and business
stakeholders look forward to working with you.
- Passionate about details and focus on the quality of your
designs and software.
- Contribute to projects and tools that impact all software
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers, delivery managers,
and product managers on software development projects.
- Strong understanding of clients and servers and practical use
of containers and virtualization.
- Basic understanding of distributed environments.
- Skilled in accessing relational databases and able to follow
schema patterns and make minor changes to existing schema.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon
company and team performance
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company
and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
- Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and
50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
- Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA
for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents
included on the plan.
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental
coverage for you/spouse/family plans
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the
opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or
after your wedding
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will
give you $5,000 when you buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be
eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be
eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar
for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take
time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including
a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on
stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic
rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality,
religion, or sexuality.
Keywords: Spreetail, Bloomington , Software Engineer II - Remote, Full Time, Other , Nebraska, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!