Business Intelligence Consultant - Orange County Area
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DesignMind is looking for a team member to join our growing
Business Intelligence Practice. As a Business Intelligence
Consultant, you will have the unique ability to play a key role in
client engagements, spanning across many different industries and
business sectors, throughout the entire project life cycle.
Qualified candidates will be hands-on with technology, as well
as highly consultative, working with our internal team as well as
clients' business and IT team members.
This role is based in the Orange County, CA Area and can reach
to other parts of the West coast. Applicants must be able to travel
to client sites regularly for projects lasting anywhere from 2
weeks to 2+ years.
- Work with a blend of cutting edge and traditional
reporting/analytic technologies to deliver value to our partners
- Be hands on with development of reports, analytics and
visualizations development, and write code when called upon, NoSQL
/ SQL, tuning, data models, semantic models, or other
- Analyze business requirements and provide end-to-end solution
design for respective data foundation builds including but not
limited Data Marts, Data Feeds, Data Warehouse Subject Areas,
- Develop business analytics and custom reporting, data
discovery, data science, self-service capabilities, embedded
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience in the Computer Science or
Information Technology field or Bachelor's Degree in Computer
Science or related field.
- 3+ years with Microsoft BI Suite
- Strong client-facing skills
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development
- 3+ years with various forms of data modeling, including
relational and star/snowflake schema
- Database Technologies: SQL Server Platform, SSAS, SSIS and
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Informatica or equivalent
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be hands-on and able to respond quickly and effectively to
changing needs, in what are often fast-paced engagements
- Experience with Tabular Model
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Prior consulting experience is strongly preferred - including
work with technology and business users
- Experience with leading development or support teams
- Experience with architecting, designing or developing an
Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Fluent in relational database concepts
- Experience data acquisition, cleansing and integrations
processes (ETL, ELT)
- Knowledge of and experience in software development
lifecycles/methodologies i.e. Agile
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can
communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the
creation of formal documentation
What's our mission?
Great people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and
commitment to consistent delivery of high quality, high value
services that fully satisfy the needs of every client. Focus on
developing fulfilling long-term relationships with clients,
employees, partners, and the technical community.
What makes DesignMind a great place to work?
Awesome clients, cutting edge projects, a great team who really
likes to work together. DesignMind recognizes the value of
diversity, supports professional development, and celebrates the
achievements of our team members.
DesignMind offers Medical, Dental & Vision benefits, 401(k),
annual and performance bonuses, and many other great perks.
Keywords: DesignMind, Bloomington , Business Intelligence Consultant - Orange County Area, Other , Paoli, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!