Job Title: Systems Developer
Location: 1331 S. Curry Pike
Reports to: Sr. Systems Engineer
FLSA: _X__exempt ___hourly
Innovate. Grow. Bloom.
The healthcare insurance industry is growing faster than any
other insurance sector in the United States. If youre looking for a
tech career with a growing company where you can make a difference,
earn a great salary, and be recognized for your forward thinking,
then youve found it at Bloom.
Who Is Bloom?
We are the Insurance Industry's Trusted Growth Partner. We are
industry visionaries. Were solving problems and advancing the
healthcare insurance business through innovative technology. We are
committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art software products and
services provide greater efficiency and cost savings to clients.
This is what we do at Bloom and you can be part of it.
We provide advanced sales and enrollment automation software to
the insurance industry through our Ascend technology platform.
Blooms Ascend technology platform focuses on sales automation
efficiencies and optimizing the member experience from the first
moment a prospect considers a health plan membership.
We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. Our office
environment is fun and casual, we want our team to enjoy the space
in which they work. Youll get to know your fellow employees at our
fun events and team lunches. Our community engagement events offer
opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering
and other activities.
Purpose and Objective
Design, create, and maintain efficient and quality code, tests,
and documentation of software applications and processes to assist,
automate, and further improve the day-to-day functionality of
servers, services, & systems.
Essential Functions (Primary)
Day to day functions include the following:
- Develop and support customized applications in varying
languages and frameworks
- Document existing processes, with an eye towards
- Document existing and newly developed software solutions
- Remain current with technologies, programming techniques, and
- Work with systems team members to ensure needs are met
- Maintain documentation and manuals on developed
- Troubleshooting, fault finding, bug fixing of in-house software
- Create tests for developed applications
- Testing of applications prior to deployment
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with systems engineers to help automate their day to day
Additional Functions (Secondary)
Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties
because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full
consideration for the job based on their ability to perform
- Assist other development teams when demand is high
- Tier 3 Tech Support
- Participate in software deployments as required
The following are required to perform the essential functions of
- B.S. in Computer Science, or related field required
- 3+ years experience in software development
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle,
or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and
reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate