Product Owner - Onboarding Platform Services
We are looking for a talented Product Owner - Onboarding
Platform Services to join our team specializing in lean product
management for digital products. This product owner is a member of
Platform Services Digital Product Management organization and will
help define the roadmap execution for platform capabilities
associated to digital products - PrevenTech, Connected Software
Updates, Connected Diagnostics & PowerCommand CloudTM.
Digital Platform Services powers digital products by delivering
onboarding, IoT data acquisition, equipment health management,
advanced rules and algorithms, and over the air programming
capabilities that accelerate the value from market-specific
products crafted by Cummins, its customers and partners.
Onboarding services guide customers from initial interest
through subscription, registration and setup across all of Cummins
digital product offerings to accelerate value realization. We are
moving from individual product onboarding to a consistent,
frictionless, guided onboarding experience that is the launching
point for customer happiness.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Product Owners are critical to building and managing our
digital products, serving as the customer proxy on Agile teams.
* The Product Owner works with product managers and other
stakeholders - including other POs - to define and prioritize
stories in the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program
priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity
of the solution for the team.
* The Product Owner has a significant role in maximizing the
value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user's
needs and comply with the Definition of Done.
* The Product Owner has significant relationships and
responsibilities outside the local team, including working with
product management, business owners, customers, partners and other
* The Product Owner plays a leadership role in Program Increment
(PI) preparation, planning and execution through managing the Team
Backlog, Story definitions, estimates and refinements, just-in-time
story elaboration, sequencing and removing obstacles that can
impede the team's success.
* Actively participate in and help accelerate the
Build-Measure-Learn cycle as part of lean product management and
lean product development.
* Ensure end-user persona definitions provide valuable context
to our product development efforts.
* Support and drive data-driven product decisions while ensuring
support for metrics are built into their product for effective,
* Protect the intellectual property of the organization, working
with legal counsel, cybersecurity, and engineering organizations to
ensure asset protection.
* Work closely with other platform services product owners for
effective and efficient integration with other capabilities,
products, and partners.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Knowledge and practical experience with IoT- and Cloud-based
product management or development - preferably in Amazon Web
Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure IoT solutions
* Lean startup mindset driving validated learning,
* Knowledge and practical experience of the Lean methodology,
principles and tools is preferred.
* Good and timely decision making
* Profit and growth-focused mindset
* Knowledge and practical experience with commercial product
* Knowledge and practical experience working in an Agile
environment with Design Thinking/Human Centered Design
methodologies is preferred
* SAFe Product Owner/Agile Product Manager (POPM) certification
* This position may require licensing for compliance with export
controls or sanctions regulations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional
benefits vary between locations and include options such as our
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan,
Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic
Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to
provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons
without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin,
age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran
status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other
status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using
E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration
(SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN,
Columbus, Sears Building
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting May 22, 2021, 8:42:57 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 2100022G