Respiratory Therapist Olney
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) shall provide all
aspects of respiratory care under the guidance of a qualified
physician and the Manager of Respiratory Therapy.
- Is able to effectively administer oxygen mixtures utilizing
various oxygen delivery devices. Can set up, initiate and
maintain ventilators and CPAP devices.
- Is familiar with the principles of airway maintenance,
endotracheal and tracheostomy care. Follows the procedures
and observations for care during and after extubation.
- Initiates and maintains cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other
related life support procedures.
- Confers with physicians regarding all aspects of Respiratory
Therapy concerning patient care.
- Administers specific dosages of all respiratory therapy related
medications as specified by a physician. Recognizes,
interprets and records signs and symptoms of medication side
effects, particularly those that require notification of a
- Effectively and safely uses equipment for delivering positive
pressure, humidification, nebulization, and medications to
- Effectively utilizes methods that assist in the removal of
secretions from the bronchial tree such as, hydration, breathing
and coughing exercise, postural drainage, chest percussion and
- Performs 12 lead EKG's and prepares them for physician
- Is able to dismantle and reassemble most of the respiratory
therapy equipment. Is able to take all necessary precautions
to insure the safe handling of all respiratory equipment.
- Works well with each age level of patient. Is sentitive
to the age specific needs of each individual patient and alters the
clinical approach accordingly.
- Is able to occasionally oversee the work of non-certified
technicians who are performing those procedures requiring a high
level of expertise.
- Participates in the department's continuing education
- Actively participates in performance improvement
- Interprets and carries out physician orders accurately and in a
- Able to allay anxieties of patient/families regarding
- Works with other departments to insure appropriate and
efficient service to patients.
- Performs all aspects of pulmonary function testing, if
trained. Effectively uses all department pulmonary function
- Is capable of working independently and can supervise the needs
of their shifts when necessary.
- Is able to work unsupervised and when needed, can assist with
duties of the director, specifically in the absence of the Director
of Respiratory Therapy.
- The Carle Experience/Core Values - Practices the WAY TO BE
standards and related MUST-HAVES in his/her daily work. Is
approachable, respectful, professional, the solution and a team
player in his/her actions and words as an ambassador for the
hospital and Carle Health System. Adheres to and demonstrates
CRMH Core Values in all job responsibilities.
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Respiratory Therapist Olney, Other , Merom, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!