Occupational Therapist Home Carle Olney
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Home Care Occupational Therapist evaluates and develops
treatment plans for patients of all ages to resume or adjust the
activities of daily living. Collaborates with health care team and
modifies plan of care as appropriate. Serves as a role model in the
delivery of professional services and as a clinical resource for
staff and students. Hours may vary depending upon census and
- Reviews plan of care and orders with primary physician, written
and evidenced as read-back, completed immediately and transmitted
within time frame established by policy.
- Educates patient and family members in a manner that overcomes
barriers; matches their learning capabilities and meets fundamental
- Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit,
information is sufficient that following staff can determine
exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the
next contact. Documents within guidelines and timeframes set by
regulatory requirements and/or department policy.
- Updates goals promptly, ensures goals are closed as met or
changed as patient condition progresses.
- Collaboratively communicates and initiates case conferencing as
necessary and documents interactions (other disciplines, MD, care
coordinator, insurers, etc.).
- Documents care plans and patient/family assessments; the
documentation indicates evidence of therapy knowledge, assessment
skills, and critical thinking.
- Anticipates and orders an appropriate quantity of supplies with
sufficient lead time that patient does not run out of supplies
- Educates and documents discharge planning prior to discharge ,
including communication with physician, insurance source,
outpatient visits and community resources are planned and arranged
if applicable . Patient is provided with discharge
- Completes audits and other assigned tasks within assigned time
- Evaluate the patient's level of function within regulatory
requirements by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures as
directed by the physician or podiatrist.
- Guides the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative and
self-care activities for the purpose of improving function.
- Observe, record and report to the physician or podiatrist the
patient's reaction to treatments and any changes in the patient's
- Instruct other health team personnel including, when
appropriate, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Home Health Aides and
family members in certain phase of occupational therapy in which
they may work with the patient.
- Communicates the Occupational Therapy Assistants assignments
with scheduler, prepares written instructions for the assistant and
supervises the assistant in the patient home.
- Has an understanding of all home care rules and regulations.
Comprehends influence on case mix index.
- Completes and documents OTA supervisory visits, as required (at
least every 6 visits). Completes HCA supervisory visits every 14
days if only therapy in home.
- Completes comprehensive OASIS assessment of patients.
- Assess homebound status of patients.
- Completes comprehensive occupational therapy evaluation in
patient’s home and develop plan of care.
- Communicate with patients to schedule appointment times and
manage daily schedule.
- Assess home safety and recommend equipment to improve patient’s
- Educate family/caregivers on recommended home exercise
Keywords: CARLE, Bloomington , Occupational Therapist Home Carle Olney, Other , Westphalia, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!