Company: Putnam County Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Supervises: All WIC staff
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the objectives and activities of
the WIC program.
- Establish local agency policies and procedures, and monitor the
WIC Program operation for compliance with the state and federal
regulations and policies.
- Train and supervise all WIC program staff and monitor staff
- Serve as liaison with vendors, review contracts, deal with
special problems, and keep vendors updated on the program
requirements as related to food booklet changes.
- Complete vendor monitoring reports and reconcile rejected
benefits with the vendor and the State WIC office.
- Responsible for maintaining all required records, plans, and
files required for the operation of the WIC Program.
- Serve as System Administrator for the MIS and the WIC
- Participate in community activities to promote good public
relations and to increase community awareness of nutritional needs
and the services offered by the WIC program.
- Monitor clinic operations for efficiency and
- Responsible for maintaining contract caseload.
- Develop and maintain procedure for a referral system.
- Responsible for the planning and preparation of the WIC budget
and related reports.
- Maintain the equipment inventory.
- Prepare reports required by state and local agencies.
- Participate in various committees as invited at the state
- Provide staff with in-services for continuing education that is
pertinent to WIC. Send all staff for training required by the State
- Performs certification duties including lab tests, measurement
of height, weight, and hemoglobin when needed.Strong organizational
and interpersonal skills:
- Ability to lead in stressful situations and during periods of
- Able to remain objective in situations such as applicant
dispute over program eligibility or violation.
- Knowledge of business administration practices and procedures,
basic accounting and data processing systems.
- Ability to read and interpret information and prepare
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local government
- Knowledge of human resource management.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide
variety of people and groups.
- Special literacy and language skills appropriate to address the
diversity of the population served by the local agency may be
advantageous.This is a full time, days, benefit eligible position.
The hours are Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4PM.Must be qualified for one
of the following:
- Qualified Nutritionist
- Registered Dietician
- Registration eligible to write the registration exam for the
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Dietetics; Nutrition or
Nutrition Sciences; Public Health Nutrition or Community Nutrition;
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelors or Master's degree graduate which, through review of
an official transcript from an accredited college, includes a study
of nutrition. These degrees include but are not limited to:
- Family and Consumer Sciences,
- Food and Nutrition in Business,
- Nutrition, Fitness and Health.
Keywords: Putnam County Hospital, Bloomington , WIC Coordinator, Other , Greencastle, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!