Company: Hoosier Hills Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $12.32-$16.39 Join our Hoosier Hills
Credit Union (HHCU) team as part of our full-service financial
Service Center! We are now hiring a dynamic, community focused
sales and service professional to bring our mission, products, and
services to the Members of HHCU. Summary/Objective The Teller
ensures that HHCU members are consistently satisfied in the service
they receive and are being offered the right products and services
to meet their financial needs. Responsible for identifying and
recommending HHCU products and services in a way that creates a
member experience that surpasses expectations with every
interaction. The Teller is responsible for advising, cross-selling,
and completing transactions and general account service needs,
which includes transaction and account maintenance requests, and
product and service inquiries. Responsibilities Mission and Service
- Is an integral part of the Hoosier Hills Credit Union and Service
Center team in living out our corporate mission; "To be better for
our members by making a positive difference in their lives and the
communities we serve."
- Consistently delivers outstanding service to both internal and
external members that is in alignment with the Credit Union's
- Always acts in the best interest of the member and the Credit
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when interacting
with members through friendly, informative, and helpful
communications, which are key to understanding and identifying
member needs, solving problems and in representing the Credit
- Increases member satisfaction by taking ownership of each
request and being highly responsive to the needs of members and in
finding solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Builds rapport by establishing credible relationships with
members and prospective members through consistent high-quality
- Utilizes other business units as needed to assist members.
Member and Business Focus - Continuously champions knowledge of and
experience with member interactions to be a trusted resource in
developing and expanding the membership with each opportunity for
- Creates business value for the membership and aligns the
organization with success by providing consistent, accurate and
outstanding service, and targeting and selecting product and
service solutions that are best for the member so that their
financial goals may be achieved.
- Serves as a trusted resource to members and fellow team members
by possessing strong knowledge of HHCU products, services, and
member experience standards, and always acts in the best interest
of the member.
- Engages in problem resolution from start to finish by
clarifying the issue, determining the cause, and following up to
ensure there is a resolution.
- Achieves expected sales and service results by taking personal
ownership of referral and cross-selling processes and aligning
personal goals with the goals of the organization. Acumen and
Technical Savvy - Possesses proficiency in account maintenance,
banking systems, and process knowledge to ensure records accuracy,
policy compliance and member satisfaction with every transaction.
- Defines member experience by providing exceptional service
through accurate transactions and professional conversations.
- Performs teller transactions (i.e. deposits, withdrawals,
transfers) and account maintenance in a proficient and accurate
manner within security guidelines and with few errors.
- Resolves problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
and transitions between responsibilities effectively and
efficiently to meet the needs of the members.
- Recommends products and services that enhance members'
- Safeguards workstation, maintains established cash limits, and
accurately counts cash bought and sold.
- Performs branch opening and closing procedures as assigned by
- Completes annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training
annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with
all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies, and
business practices established by Credit Union management. Teamwork
and Collaboration - The consistent focus on team involvement and in
personal growth through sharing and implementation of creative
ideas that provide membership business value and enhance a positive
- Maintains supportive communication with supervisor and team
members, reports problems, developments, changes, and other
important information regarding responsibilities.
- Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, constant
communication, and continual learning.
- Shares opportunities for improvement with appropriate managers.
Performs on-going self-evaluation.
- Attends and supports branch events and other community outreach
efforts as needed and attends to operational needs and issues as
- Strives to improve self and team to create strategies for
future focused positive results. PM19 Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Professional appearance and demeanor, good interpersonal
relations skills, and positive and optimistic outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail delivery products and other Credit
Union products and services
- Strong and consistent sales and service performance
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established
practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship
with management, peers, employees, and vendors Education and/or
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience working in retail setting with daily
- Experience preferred in cash handling and clerical office work
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal accessibility of branch and corporate work sites
required for the position
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement
from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body
while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Works in typical administrative setting with climate control
and appropriate lighting
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50
pounds, taking frequency into consideration Other Duties Perform
other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time or without notice.
Keywords: Hoosier Hills Credit Union, Bloomington , Teller, Other , Mitchell, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!