Bindery Operator 1
Company: RR Donnelley & Sons
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Bindery Operator 1
Manufacturing --> Bindery
* ID: 57109
* Set up, adjust and operate a Folder or Cutter.
* Inspect equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation,
verifying all safeguards are in place and functioning properly.
* Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations
on a single machine, when necessary.
* Direct any employees assigned to the team/equipment through all
aspects of production.
* Apply knowledge of department policies and procedures to resolve
customer and operational concerns/issues as needed.
* Monitor quality, output and productivity.
* Assist management with supporting and implementing Continuous
Improvement initiatives, departmental activities, training, safety
and special projects.
* Read, understand and comply with relevant federal, state, local
and company safety regulations and policies (e.g., OSHA, Personal
Protective Equipment, Safety Shoes, etc.)
* Reinforce safety training and safe work practices; participate in
* Maintain a clean and organized work area.
* Participate in continuous training and development of employees
and temporary labor.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects as assigned.
* Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures,
capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform standard and
specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to
complete a finished product, preferred.
* Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors
so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive
moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine
* Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units)
to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and
to make more complicated adjustments.
* Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools
and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and
operating conditions of the bindery machines.
* Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using handtools
(i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more
specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine
* Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as
folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing
* Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the
number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the
work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Keywords: RR Donnelley & Sons, Bloomington , Bindery Operator 1, Other , Seymour, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!