Company: Hoosier Hills Credit Union
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $18.39-$27.59
Join our Hoosier Hills Credit Union (HHCU) team as part of our
full-service financial Service Center! We are now hiring a dynamic,
community focused sales and service professional to bring our
mission, products, and services to the members of Hoosier Hills
The Member Advisor (MA) ensures that HHCU members are consistently
satisfied in the service they receive and are being offered the
right products and services to meet their financial needs.
Responsible for establishing new member relationships and
strengthening existing ones. Through friendly consultation and
collaboration, the MA identifies and recommends HHCU products and
services in a way that creates a member experience that surpasses
expectations with every interaction. The MA is responsible for
advising, cross-selling, and completing transactions and general
account service needs, which range from transaction and account
maintenance requests, product and service inquiries, new account
applications, and loan applications.
Mission and Service - Is an integral part of the Hoosier Hills
Credit Union and Service Center team in living out our corporate
mission; "To be better for our members by making a positive
difference in their lives and the communities we serve."
- Consistently delivers outstanding service to both internal and
external members that is in alignment with the Credit Union's
- Always acts in the best interest of the member and the Credit
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when interacting
with members through friendly, informative, and helpful
communications, which are key to understanding and identifying
member needs, solving problems and in representing the Credit
- Increases member satisfaction by taking ownership of each
request and being highly responsive to the needs of members and in
finding solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Builds rapport by establishing credible relationships with
members and prospective members through consistent high-quality
- Utilizes other business units as needed to assist members.
Member and Business Focus - Continuously champions knowledge of and
experience with member interactions to be a trusted resource in
developing and expanding the membership with each opportunity for
- Creates business value for the membership and aligns the
organization with success by constantly targeting and selecting
product and service solutions that are best for the member so that
their financial goals may be achieved.
- Serves as a trusted resource to members and fellow team members
by possessing strong knowledge of HHCU products, services, and
member experience standards, and always acts in the best interest
of the member.
- Engages in problem resolution from start to finish by
clarifying the issue, determining the cause, and following up to
ensure there is a resolution.
- Achieves expected sales and service results by taking personal
ownership of referral and cross-selling processes and aligning
personal goals with the goals of the organization.
Acumen and Technical Savvy - Possesses proficiency in account
maintenance, lending, banking systems, and process knowledge to
ensure records accuracy, policy compliance and member satisfaction
with every transaction.
- Performs teller transactions, account maintenance, opening of
new accounts, and processing loans in a proficient and accurate
manner within security guidelines and with few errors.
- Resolves problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
and transitions between responsibilities effectively and
efficiently to meet the needs of the members.
- Underwrites consumer loans according to established policies,
guidelines, and procedures to find solutions that fit member needs
while minimizing risk.
- Advises and assists with budget counseling, consolidations, pay
methods, and other areas relating to member's financial needs.
- Performs branch opening and closing procedures as assigned by
- Completes annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training
annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with
all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies, and
business practices established by Credit Union management.
Teamwork and Collaboration - The consistent focus on team
involvement and in personal growth through sharing and
implementation of creative ideas that provide membership business
value and enhance a positive work environment.
- Maintains supportive communication with supervisor and team
members, reports problems, developments, changes, and other
important information regarding responsibilities.
- Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, constant
communication, and continual learning.
- Shares opportunities for improvement with appropriate managers.
Performs on-going self-evaluation.
- Attends and supports branch events and other community outreach
efforts as needed and attends to operational needs and issues as
- Strives to improve self and team to create strategies for
future focused positive results.
For company use only - PM19Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and
- Professional appearance and demeanor, good interpersonal
relations skills, and positive and optimistic outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail delivery products and other Credit
Union products and services
- Strong and consistent sales and service performance
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established
practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship
with management, peers, employees, and vendors
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience working in retail setting with daily
- Experience preferred in cash handling and clerical office
- Loan trained and qualified with knowledge of the fundamentals
of lending, policies, and principles, preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal accessibility of branch and corporate work sites
required for the position
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement
from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body
while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Works in typical administrative setting with climate control
and appropriate lighting
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50
pounds, taking frequency into consideration
Perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time or without notice.PI187263070
Keywords: Hoosier Hills Credit Union, Bloomington , Member Advisor, Other , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!