Part-Time Admissions Data Specialist
Company: Indiana University
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DepartmentUNIVERSITY STUDENT SERVICES & (UA-SES-IUBLA)Job
SummaryDepartment Specific Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Zoom and have access to a webcam and
microphone for the interview.
- Performs data entry tasks associated with the intake of
admissions supporting documents for undergraduate applicants on all
- Required to acquire and maintain knowledge of admissions
processing, workflow, and data entry environment, specifically the
PeopleSoft IU Student Information System (SIS) and other internal
- Specialists will also assist with other processing tasks as
needed.Note: This is a fully remote position that will start in
September 2022. QualificationsEDUCATIONRequired
- High school diploma or GED. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work
- 1 year of office work experience or equivalent educational
- Advanced keyboarding skills are essential.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow workflow processing and work
with confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well among diverse coworkers in a
- Promptness, dependable attendance, and strong critical thinking
skills are essential.
- Good communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and
demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and to
follow workflow processing.Working Conditions / DemandsThis
position requires a high degree of integrity and accountability as
problems detected in the processing workflow impact a student's
admission status. Discrepancies directly impact the outcome for the
student, therefore involves a mastery level for attention to
detail. The ability to develop and maintain consistent daily
standards of individual and team performance. Must be able to
perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
- A high speed, stable internet connection.
- A quiet, private work environment.
- A personal computer running at least Windows 10 or a Mac
- 2 monitors (at least 14 inches each).
- A full, standard-size keyboard and mouse (trackpad will not
- A webcam for Zoom video conferencing.
- A headset with microphone or speakers and a separate
- Ability to run Pulse Secure VPN and connect to IUAnywareIf your
personal equipment does not meet these standards, you may be able
to be loaned university-owned equipment, subject to your
location.Work LocationThis is a fully remote position. However,
this is subject to change in the future based on university policy
and business needs.
Advertised Salary$12.50 per hourWork
HoursThis is a temporary position with variable hours up to a
maximum of 29 hours per week based on the cycle of admissions work,
which is heaviest from October to the end of November. Work can
only be done between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through
Friday.Job ClassificationCareer Level: Part Time EmployeeFLSA:
NonexemptJob Function: Part Time EmployeeJob Family: Part Time
EmployeeClick here to learn more about Indiana University's Job
Framework.Posting DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may
be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our
standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus
to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please
discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions
at that time. This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on
the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time
at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a
minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please
submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted
Date.If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with
your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be
provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19
vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an
exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information
page.Equal Employment OpportunityIndiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA
services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University
prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability
status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not
discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and
activities, including employment and admission, as required by
Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be
referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil
Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana
University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes
contact information.Campus Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security
and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and
fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available
online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public
Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest
Keywords: Indiana University, Bloomington , Part-Time Admissions Data Specialist, Other , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!