Lead Cook-Kitchen Staff
Company: Magnolia Health Systems
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description: Lead Cooks are a valuable member of our health
care team who prepare food in accordance with current Federal,
State and local standards, the facility's established policies and
procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Food Service
and/or Assistant Director of Food Service, to ensure that quality
food service is provided at all times.
About us: Grand Valley Health and Rehabilitation is a skilled
nursing facility located in Martinsville, Indiana. Grand Valley
Health and Rehabilitation is seeking compassionate Lead Cooks to
become a part of our team where our primary goal is to provide
exceptional care to our residents.
About the Role: Grand Valley Health and Rehabilitation is seeking
Lead Cooks to
- Prepare and serve food and meals in accordance with planned
menus and established portion control procedures.
- Ensure that the department and all food storage work areas are
maintained in a clean and safe manner and that necessary equipment
and supplies are properly maintained and arranged.
- Review and process diet changes and new diets as received from
nursing services and coordinate dietary services with other
departments as necessary.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food and inspect all trays
to ensure completion and accuracy of menu and diet
- Assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods, supplies and
About you: The ideal candidate would have the following skills and
- Some training and experience in food preparation, cooking,
estimating quantities of food needed, and in principles of
sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Must be knowledgeable of the proper methods and cooking
temperatures for best utilization and yield of meats and other
- Completion of elementary education or otherwise show ability to
read, write and follow oral and written directions.
We'd love for you to grow with us! Grand Valley Health and
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Student loan Repayment Program
- Career advancement Opportunities: We'd love to help train and
get you certified into a new career!
Grand Valley Health and Rehabilitation offers the above and many
other benefits and perks!
If you are ready to join the Grand Valley Health and Rehabilitation
Family, please apply online today!
Grand Valley Health and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity
employer and gives employment and promotional consideration without
regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital
or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal
law. Associated topics: commercial, culinary, dining chef, head
chef, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef,
service, sous chef, sushi
Keywords: Magnolia Health Systems, Bloomington , Lead Cook-Kitchen Staff, Other , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!